BET aired Roots today :)

ChitHappens

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I recommend it. I did one of those ancestral DNA tests. I found out that part of my mom's family was sold into this country through South America so I have all these distant Latino "cousins." I also have a bunch of relatives out of England and Wales on my dad's side.

• Members

What one will do to hold onto their social status. The ex brought new meaning to "Crime Of Passion". She was long done with the husband, cared nothing for him...but there was no way she was going to allow her circle of "friends" to know that she was married to a black man. In the beginning, I really thought the 2nd wife was having an affair. Remember Van Buren goes to the interrogation room, sat down and said to the poser "what's up, my brutha"??? LMAO!

In all honesty, I can't be mad at the guy. He led a good life because everyone around him thought he was white.

Gotta find that eppy online. Would you happen to know which season that was?

• Members

Thread crossing here, but I know a few of us posting in this thread also post in the Hoarders thread. Watching the Verna ep, anyone remember her? She was the cranky artist who wanted to keep EVERYthing. Her daughter and her grandson reminded me of this thread, they could totally pass to the point where I'm so curious to see what Verna's husband looked like. On the other hand, I watched the TV One program on LaLa's murder, and I never would have guessed that she had a white mom. I have unintentionally passed in the past and it's amazing, the things that come out of people's mouths when they don't realize just who they're speaking to and around.

• Members

I was about to mention that episode of Donahue, it's very educational. The author on the panel stated that there was an actress on a soap opera who was passing at the time and ever since I saw this video awhile back, I've wondered from time to time who that actress was.

• Members

That lady Kathleen was taking me to church when she talked about how Whites have no idea of an institution of racism and are bombarded with the belief that white is superior. No one wants to hear that because it is suggested as being racist towards whites. Yes, blacks and browns can be racist. Blacks aren't asking white people to feel a since of guilt because that is a waste of time. Blacks are asking for responsibility! I was clapping when she said all that LOL.

• Members

When he still did shows on topical issues, Maury did a similar episode with a pair of very fair-skinned sisters (actual sisters, not "sistas" :P ). The audience was so rude to them and accused them of being white and just trying to get on TV.

• Members

You ever seen that girl on Tyra that was bi-racial talking about how she wished she was lighter like her brother, and then started spouting off why she didn't like black people. Then proceeds to say she has a Confederate flag in her car and she loves rodeos. THEN she has a picture in a KKK outfit talking about "It's just a joke" LOL. So clueless, ignorant, and delusional. I can't.

• Members

WHAT?? I do remember a biracial girl, kind of round, crying and talking about how she wished she was light/white but I missed all that other stuff. Tyra had a whole panel of people who wanted to look/be white. Some of the cases were downright sad and pathetic because these people wouldn't look white in a snow storm. So much self-hatred, screw our society and evil kids in elementary school for making darker skinned people feel less than.

Archived