Will Dish Customers Soon Lose The Young and the Restless, The Talk and The Bold and the Beautiful?

• Members

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2012/09/12/will-dish-customers-lose-the-young-and-the-restless-the-talk-and-the-bold-and-the-beautif

Victor Newman doesn't have anything on CBS Chief Les Moonves! Broadcasting's most successful current exec is threatening to pull CBS content off Dish Network if the satellite provder doesn't stop promoting its Hopper DVR.

This would mean Dish customers would no longer be able to watch CBS programs like The Young and the Restless, The Bold and the Beautiful, The Talk and Big Brother, the latter two programs which are anchored by Moonves' wife Julie Chen. Who do you think will back down first, Moonves or Dish?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't even get why that should be a problem because it's an over the air station. All you need to watch it is an antenna and if you have an old tv then a converter box. i have DirecTV and it allows me to see standard local channels but not the digital dash stations, e.g. 5-1, 5-2. If I want to see any of those I have to switch over to antenna.

I don't like the idea of him dictating what Dish can advertiise. I understand he doesn't want people to be able to skip all those ads of his but he's taking it too far.

Archived