soaps borrowing from SOAP??

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Its Sony. If Sony where to obtain right to EON or some other long but not forgotten soap all the crazy OLTL/AMC fans would try to get Sony to buy OLTL/AMC. Do not get me wrong though I think there is still a possibility but for the most part I am just watching GH and enjoying that more than ever.

• Members

Soap knew how to be serious when needed was another thing I loved about that show. When Carol died in Danny's arms at the front door, I was bawling like a baby. Ted Wass was not much as an actor (but looked really good in tight pants), but he and Dinah Manoff did a fantastic job with that scene. Chuck and Bob were dilerberately left out of that scene because it would have been OOC for Bob to not say something inappropriate, so it was really a great decision to leave them out of it - although I would take Chuck and Bob whenever and wherever I could get them!

• Members

There was supposed to be a 5th season of the show since Susan Harris wrote it as a 5 season story arc. Anyway, I always dreamed that she would have returned for the 5th season that never was for Danny. I wonder how the series was supposed to end? Anyone know??

• Members

For those of you who didn't know this bit of trivia, Susan Harris is the former wife of actor Berkeley Harris who later married Beverlee McKinsey. Susan considered Beverlee for one of the leads in Soap.

• Members

Actually, Carl, I liked most, if not all, of the comedy on SOAP -- but I see your point.

IMO, Susan Harris, like Treva Silverman ("The Mary Tyler Moore Show") or Diane English ("Murphy Brown"), is not a "comedy writer" in the classic, television sense. She doesn't do the typical set-up/joke structure that most do. But she is good at witty tangents, as well as crafting characters who are at once eccentric and empathetic.

Frankly, when it comes to larger-than-life characters, and finding the funny in the tragic, she's prime-time's answer to Agnes Nixon.

Archived