Y&R Promo - These Rivalries are Some of the Best

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is Chompers off the wagon again? He looks drunk off his ass in every clip.

#1 If you have to tell people these rivalries are the best, then they're not.

#2 How are these "rivalries"? Phyllis and Sharon have not been real rivals in many years. Billy always loses to Victor. Always.

• Members

Sharon seems to think that the only reason Nick would propose to Phyllis is because she's pregnant - and it's not like she's wrong. I didn't hear any proposal coming from Nick until after Phyllis said she might be pregnant.

• Members

Considering that we've lost four treasures during the past four years, thank goodness we still have four left. Of all the shows, Y&R uses it's vets better than anyone. The show is far from perfect, but I can always find one or two storylines that keep me interested. Right now, the good outweighs the bad Good: (Nikki/Jack, Devon/Tucker/Katherine, Adam/Chelsea, Lauren/Jill's relationship is a nice touch with all the madness) Bad: Winters drama, anything with GenV, Bacteria, etc.) I'd rather have a show to complain about than one that is dead and gone.

• Members

Sigh...YR is only better than GH, and that really does not say much as GH is pure rotgut!

I'm so ok with what replaces soaps!

BTW, Sharon Case is very displeased with the writing. She tweeted to the fans something to the effect, "I've read your tweets about the SL, and I hear you". These women hating hacks need to go!

ANDREA

• Members

Please note a show during the past 30 years that has not had women-hating, women as pathetic victims, etc. writers? That is the pathetic part about soaps, and that has driven so many women away from the genre. To me the three best examples of this: 1) a lesbian being raped (for no reason) and then carrying the baby (and "easy" out to give her a child and she holds no resentment toward child, because she is a saint); 2) women who fall in love with their rapists (or baby nappers); and 3) women who actually take the initiative to get what they want, but always get some type of comeuppance that far outweighs what happens to a man (imagine if the roles of TGVN and Nikki were switched). I mean, really? Are these examples of story that contemporary women can identify with/want to watch?

• Members

Y&R uses IT'S vets? Or the vets from other soaps? Out of 84 epsiodes to date this year:

---Vet from OTHER SOAPS: Gene Francis 51, Melissa Claire Egan 41, Stephen Nichols 37 , Jessica Collins 27

--Y&R soap vets: Jess Walton 28, Jeanne Cooper 27, Doug Davidson 20, Bryton James 21, Kristoff St. John 19

---Heck even no-name newbies are given more episodes than the backburned Y&R ones: Peter Porte 27,Yvonne Zima 23

You'd think JW/Jill would get some more story since JC can't work as much, not to mention she will soon be taking 6 months off, but not so. It's all going to newbies from other soaps. It's a crying shame that the writers won't give Jill a story or one including Katherine, it's going on 3 years now.

The Devon story might is nice for Devon, but Katherine-Tucker SUCK. They're dry and unwatchable when they fight, and boring when they aren't. It's all so meaningless because Katherine exists in a bubble in her scenes with him, so he isn't really involved with Katherine's life, or any of the ones she's loved all her life. Sure the actors can say the words and act like it means something, but it just doesn't, it's almost like the actors are auditioning for a part. In the Tucker/Kay scenes, Kay is a one note character-Tucker's mother. It's JC all right but she's only Tucker's Mommy, everything Katherine Chancellor was and is, just isn't there and hasn't been since Tucker was re-cast. When William Russ was playing Tucker he was involved with the whole Chancellor clan- so he communicated with Katherine Chancellor in her element and with her loved ones.

I don't see any story involving the Jill and Lauren relationship, some widely scattered & brief scenes, but that's it. I might think this show was OK if mine was canceled and could see my favorites actors on this one. The history wouldn't bother me since I wouldn't know it, and I'd care less about Y&R vets or the longtime story. But since I've watched since the beginning I don't see any good, they treat the past like it doesn't matter, be in 20 years ago or yesterday. It's seems more like a collection of muddled short stories than a continuing drama. Most of the long time characters are being destroyed, they're written so out of character that the only part of them I recognize anymore is the actor. The sexism is off the charts. I like Nikki and Jack, the stories heavy with long-time Y&R vets always seem the best of the lot, I think it's because both the actors and the viewers can draw on the past to make up for what's not in the writing,

Archived