Days Promo - Happy Easter EJ and Sami

• Members

I think its very realistic. Name me a nighttime soap/serial drama where women are written this way. I think daytime plays into what they feel the audience is and have been doing this for at least the past 10 years. That audience is also viewed very stereotypical

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the issue with ej and sami, and nicole being in the mix is they are all changed to make it work when none of them need to be. EJ came in as the male 1997 Sami. He was bad, he did bad things, he didnt care that he did it because he did because he wanted to make himelf happy and get what he wanted, to hell with everyone else. meanwhile sami had reformed her ways, enough to be a viable leading lady but not turned into a heroine. he challenged her and this new image she had going and he knew who she really was, and he loved her for it. She loved that this was the first person to ever not only love but embrace her true self as Lucas liked to ride his high horse at this point.

Then they made her the heroine, and even that kind of worked when she was doing it to save her family any more harm from stefano because she was still at odds at them, she wasnt the poor victim, they saw her as making her same old sami choices, because she didnt let them know the truth - because she never has or should about anything.

and then the rape happened. was it or wasnt it is kind of pointless at this point as the show eventually went with it was and addressed it, in a roundabout cop out kind of way. but the scenes were nice, and sami got it and she herself was torn on the issue. yes, she chose to do it - but she didnt have much of a choice as lucas would have died, tho not by the hands of EJ. moving on from there tho the show did make her into the weeping willow and heroine tormented by big bad ej, for years. more than the rape story, the story that is my biggest handup is when ej kidnapped sydney and let sami believe she died for his own pure enjoyment and pleasure. that right there showed that sami was right in keeping the secret about him being the dad, because he does use his kids as toys to mess with her. absolutely. then there is the custody issues, the shooting, the rafe 2, and so much more. its just so much damage.

as for nicole, she is a pathetic. plain and simple. she has no self worth, and will do anything she can to get ahead in life. her getting back with ej should have stayed about being the mayors wife, not because she loved him. and then the fact that nicole is even allowd anywhere around sami's kids is too much for me.

• Members

How had she reformed her ways? All threw 2005-2006 Sami was lying to Austin and Carrie and blackmailing Lexie into making them believe they couldn't parent healthy children. How is that good girl material? Sami has never been a heroine nor has she ever been "good" the show has contorted itself into twelve thousand different positions trying to drive home the fact that sociopath Sami was this put upon ingenue and it never worked. There is nothing pure, righteous or true about her - never- even in the earliest inception of the character she was a still an evil brat who wanted what she wanted regardless of what it meant to other people. She's always been a malicious soap bitch. Love her for it or hate her for it, but don't deny it.

I must have been watching a completely different show. It was like the Brady's were going threw a post-mortem grief period for St. Sami during EJ and Sami's first wedding. It was all about how big bad EJ was forcing Sami to marry him. We got endless speeches about how wrong/evil it was from Marlena, Lucas, Bo, Hope, Grandma Caroline and more lamenting over the fact that Sami was this amazing martyr who was saving her family. rolleyes.gif

Why is it okay for Sami to lie about Grace, tell EJ a kid he never knew was his died and then act as if he had no right to be involved in said child's life? Let's not forget she didn't feel bad for any of it. She said she wished she could have lied about Grace/Sydney's parentage and that she and Rafe could live happily ever after (EJ heard this) why can Sami choose to kidnap Grace/Sydney but EJ can't?

Regardless what was Sami expecting after she did that to him and completely kicked EJ out of the life of a child that was his? What did she think EJ was going to do, forgive her for lying to him about being pregnant? Forget the fact that she didn't let EJ know his own kid before death? Make him think his kid died and then act like EJ never had a right to know the kid was his child in the first place? Keep in mind EJ didn't do anything to her during this period, they were seen as friends at this point. EJ deserved all of his anger, and he was right in saying Sami killed Grace and she deserves all the shame and guilt for being a poor mother. There is truth in the comment he made about all of her children ending up dead, she's a horrible parent.

EJ was just doing exactly what Sami did to him with Grace. I don't see how Sami is supposed to be seen as better for it. She tortured him with Grace, just as he tortured her with Sydney. As far as I am concerned Sami and Nicole were both stupid cows for lying to him and they got exactly what they should have expected for willingly putting him threw the hell of losing two kids almost simultaneously. Then Sami had the nerve to shoot him unarmed while he was past out and contemplating suicide. I'm sorry but Sami is no less of a monster then EJ is, despite what the shows writers tried so hard to show. Sami was horrible to Adrianna as well and was complicit in her death as was Will. Everything Sami got was deserved.

Nicole is a better mother then Sami is, I think that's a fact. Sami didn't even stick up for Will when Stefano threatened to harm Will for shooting EJ. She is a worthless ho bag of a woman and only cares about herself. She says she's an amazing mother but she isn't. She's selfish and her kids should hate her because she is dangerously self centered.

• Members

i LOVE her for it, and i dont deny it, but after carrie left the show made great attempts to make her the good heroine. It failed, miserably, but it was done. Multiple times. And as for her reformed ways, she wasnt reformed, but she was trying to be a better person for everyone else in her life and she had ej fully accept her for her, and that was interesting.

Yeah, you must have. because then she went threw with it and stuck by him and was lectured and shamed for it, as always.

Why? Im sorry, is this a real question? Because all of his actions since then have shown why she was right. Sami was placed in witness protection because of EJ and his family and their ways. When the truth came out he kidnapped the child, faked her death, and enjoyed it as punishment, He used his child as a prop to hurt Sami, just like she knew he would. He doesnt care about nor love his kids, they are possessions and nothing good can come from them being in his life. He then married and kept the woman around who kidnapped Sydney, twice, and blackmailed and tortured sami for years regarding the kids. Everything she feared came true, and i dont believe for a minute it would have been different if she didnt lie about it in the first place. Her saying she would do it again, and shooting him in the head is the two of the most logical things she has ever done.

I cant even really follow this.. so, its por ej? he was the victim? big bad sami was wrong and he is a good guy? and all of samis kids end up dead because shes a bad mother? one of her many kids has died, of natural causes. as for shame and guilt, sami is an awful mother and should feel those things, but no more than EJ.

EJ would have done it regaurdless. Remember when he raped her and then blackmailed and tortured her about it, and loved it? Please. This poor innocent EJ you are painting is so far from what has ever been seen I cant even really understand where you are coming from. What Sami did was awful, yes, but it was also understandable given the situation, the history, and right given what played out after it. Why did she do it and why is what she did excused? His actions.

I wasnt aware that this is a who is a better mother debate, as th fact that nicole kidnapped her child - twice - pretty much is the issue. Sami is an awful mother, but thats not the point.

I totally agree. Ali and James just have a way of bringing eachother to life. They play so well off eachother, Its such a shame so many writers over the years have done so much damage.

• Members

She was forced into it by Stefano, there was no point in time during that storyline (08') that she willingly stood by EJ. She had to be with EJ to end the Vendetta and all threw out that storyline the Brady's deified Sami for being the epic Brady Martyr. What you are talking about didn't come until much later which was post-Sydnapping after the original Safe break-up and the Ejole break down which was around 2010. That was probably the only time Sami ever stood by EJ, and even then she was sleeping with Rafe and courting him behind EJ's back.

Logical fallacy. She had no point of information prior to that which said that EJ was a poor father. In actuality EJ showed her the exact opposite prior to the Grace situation. It was only after the Grace/Sydney situations, Sami blackmailing him with his confession, not letting him see his children, and Sami trying to murder him that EJ started acting like a jerk who used his kids to punish Sami. Never mind the fact that Sami was using their kids as pawns the entire time before EJ started doing the same thing. All of those things I listed happened before EJ turned into the jerk Sami feared EJ had turned into. Prior to that point EJ always put his kids needs before his own. Sami created the very monster she feared, you cannot justify Sami's actions by what EJ did after she had forced him to react that way due to her own actions. That's like being upset at a child for defending themselves after a bully has beaten them to a bloody pulp.

Again this was after the Grace situation where Sami did the same exact thing to him and made him feel the same exact things he felt with Grace. He was vengeful because Sami made him feel those things when she told him that Grace was his child and that she had died. He wanted her to experience the same pain he felt with Grace's death with Sydney because Sami did it to him first. How is that not understandable?

None of this is logical because it implies that EJ would do the same thing even when the show has said otherwise. The very reason EJ did the Sydnapping in the first place was because he was angry over Sami lying to him about Grace and over Nicole lying to him about Sydney. Those were the reasons he did what he did. You can't deny that and say he would have reacted otherwise because that is not what the show said motivated him. You are assuming that he would have done the same thing when the show blatantly says that wasn't the reason for his actions. The reason why EJ "tortured" Sami was because Sami tortured him with Grace. That is the bare bones of it. He wanted her to feel the same thing he was feeling when she lied to him about Grace and told him that a child he never had the chance to know (his child) had died. That much is obvious. That is what the show told us. As to if EJ cares of loves his kids I think it's obvious that he does love them, he gave up custody because he believed that he was a threat to them and gave custody to Sami to better safe guard them and she again screwed that up as she always does as we saw with the "Is Johnny dead?" situation. It's obvious that EJ is the better parent out of the two of them because there is never any doubt if the children are alive under his care. Look at their score cards, no children have died under EJ's care, Sami has a son who hates her, a son that everyone thought had died and a daughter who died under her care. While no children have died under EJ's care. Nicole and EJ are better parents to those kids then Sami is.

Ultimately Sami has shown to be more unstable then either EJ or Nicole. The fact that you think Sami was morally right in trying to murder an unarmed man who was asleep says volumes about the quality of your argument though.

He didn't rape her. The fact that Sami later admitted that she has good sex with him is enough for me to put that lie to rest. She was never raped. No rape victim could walk into their rapists homes, speak with them for 20 minutes in their bathrobe, goad them, threaten them and then physically touch them like she did so recently after her "attack". It was never rape. As to blackmailing, again what does that have to do with anything? Both Sami and EJ are dark people who make others suffer. Am I supposed to feel bad for Sami because she was being blackmailed? When she blackmailed Lexie not even a year ago into torturing her sister and her lover to keep them apart? I don't even understand the point that you brought up. As to EJ "torturing her" her torture was self-inflicted. She put herself in that situation because of her own lies about everything. Why am I supposed to feel bad for her? Once again Sami's own downfall is herself and the truth.

It's not poor EJ. He is her balance. Everything she gets is deserved because all of her actions have caused his. Sami is not a victim. Her actions are not excused and he is not to blame for her actions because her actions caused him to react. She doesn't get to be a victim because she didn't expect EJ to retaliate against her. Every action EJ has done comes from the fact that Sami herself caused it to happen due to something she did. My point is that her actions could never be excused because they are wrong. EJ's actions are wrong as well but at least in regard to Sami they are a reaction from what she did to him first.

Examples:

EJ "rapes" Sami -> Why was EJ even on the road that night? Because Sami set him up with John and forced him into a situation where he needed to escape.

EJ "tortures" Sami with the paternity of her child -> Why? Because Sami lies to his face about if the child could be his or not

EJ lies to Sami about their baby being dead -> Why? Because Sami lied to him about his child being dead

Etc.

• Members

And this is where we just totally disagree and i dont think will ever see the other side. For me, what Sami did is 100% justified and correct in what she did because his actions prior to and after showed it was. She was worried about her children being used as a weapon against her. They were. She was worried about them bring in harm because of him, and they have. And i do not for a single second think both actions would not have been commited by EJ against Sami if she hadnt lied.

• Members

Evidence or it didn't happen. Nothing on the show tells us that he did this. Nothing on the show portrays this. None of his actions prior to the Grace storyline showed EJ as a person who used his children as pawns to hurt Sami. If anything it was Sami who started doing that with Grace by not telling EJ about his daughter and then telling him that she was dead afterwards just to hurt him.

And yet she used her children as a weapon against him even when he gave her no reason for her to believe he would do that...This would make any reasonable person irate with her.

They have also been in harm when he had nothing to do with them. Look at the Grace and Johnny situations. Both children were hurt, missing, died or presumed dead due to her actions and her family...Does EJ have the right to take the kids away from her now? That's what I mean when I say that point of view is not logical and doesn't make any sense.

Logical fallacy. Nothing in the show tells us this at any point in time, just because you sympathize with Sami's perspective doesn't mean that she was right in what she did or that her worries had any merit to them. What is shown is that EJ didn't do any of the things she was concerned with until she did them first.

• Members

He raped her. He tortured her about raping her and him being the father.

You are aware EJ is the reason Johnny went missing and presumed dead? he set John up. He did cause it. And he knows it. And grace died in a way that had nothing to do with what Sami did.

What? So you are saying EJ was a perfect gentleman and respectable person until Sami lied about Grace and the truth came out? he didnt rape her, torture and blackmail her because of his raping her, and she wasnt put in witness protection because of him, his family, and their choices? Her concerns and worries were valid because of his prior actions and choices. Her choice was validated in his actions going forward.

• Members

The rape didn't happen and you are back tracking now because you know EJ didn't do anything to show Sami that he wasn't a good care provider and that he would use the children against her as pawns prior to the Grace story.

That's not true. EJ villified John - that is true. But it was Sami's own choice to bring Johnny to the pub and get shot at. That was the whole reason she hated Rafe because she blamed him for Johnny being missing/being dead/etc. Whatever you want to call it. It was Sami's own poor judgement (as per usual) that put him in harms way. Instead of keeping her children safe she put them in the way of harm. Grace and Johnny are both examples of Sami having poor child rearing skills and not adequately caring for them. EJ put the kids in her care and horrible things happen to kids in Sami's care. We know that. That's in part why Will hates her so much.

This has nothing to do with EJ as a parent or provider for his children nor does it have anything to do with their relationship at that point in the story. The rape, his character, etc. were all non-sequiturs for Sami at this point, why? Because both EJ and Sami were on good terms during that point in the story. Her reasoning had nothing to do with the quality of his character because she had no problems with him concerning Johnny. Her thought process was illogical and it didn't make any sense. Johnny was protected, EJ never used Johnny against Sami both of her fears were unfounded. She was wrong. It's as simple as that. He gave her no evidence that he would react that way toward her with Grace/Sydney from that point. Why do you think Nicole had no problem taking Sydney/Grace from Sami? Because she knew Sami was an idiot and knew she was wrong for lying to EJ about the babies parentage/paternity.

That's not logical. That's a presumption she made based on no evidence. EJ never used Johnny as a pawn to hurt Sami until after she lied about the Grace situation and after Nicole lied about Sydney. Then he wanted to make them pay.

Archived