GH: Coming Soon

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is all so very stupid

I was hoping RC would at least try to make sense of these OLTL characters coming to GH

Todd automatically being an enemy of Sonny's. Cause Sonny would ever lose

Carly/Blair just make no sense.

And I know that everyone here loves the OLTL characters. But how will their appearance in PC make sense to GH viewers who haven't watched OLTL before?

• Members

I had every intention of tuning into GH for this, but now I'm not so sure. If the cliffhanger isn't addressed, or if it's all glossed over, then what they're offering is not enough incentive to make me tune into, and get to know everyone at GH. Plus you have Starr, who they gave a happy ending to, and lets face it, her love for James was no match for her love for Cole, but now she's going to fall for Michael, even though that love will be no match for her love for Cole! So what's the point? I'll probably be giving it a miss, especially when I was never a Starr fan, and as much as I like Blair, I'd much prefer Victor & Tea popping up in Port Charles. I'd farther preserve my OLTL experience instead of (possibly) tainting it with this crossover.

• Members

I too hate that the OLTL characters are coming to PC. I was happy w/our ending and I know RC will just screw it up. Because he will morph the characters any way necessary to make them fit his plots for GH. But as far as them making sense for GH viewers who never watched OLTL, their backstory doesn't matter anymore than any other new character. That's not the problem IMHO. It's the viewers who know these characters and have expectations based on the characters' histories who will be most disappointed.

• Members

Wright and DePaiva have a tendency to play everything at surface-level IMO, and then try to make up for their lack of acting technique with over the top histrionics.

While Zimmer also goes over the top, at her best, she can convincingly play vulnerability as well, something I do not get from Wright and DePaiva. JMO.

Archived