GH: Classic Thread

• Members

For some reason I recall hearing he thought Alexis was too old for Jax but I could be wrong.  

I don't think they said Mr. Alcazar, but they did say she was with an international arms dealer so it generally tracks.  Her saying, "i am worth the wait" is so soapy and is why she is my queen forever lol.  I can't find it on you tube, but I am 99.9% sure it's there somewhere.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That was the one I heard as  well.

They tried their best to sell Jax/Chloe, and Chloe in general. Nothing ever worked. I imagine the failure is one of the reasons Ingo left (too late - he probably should have left with Vanessa) for a failed attempt at primetime.

• Members

It's there. 

That's right about the arms dealer. So when they did bring on Alcazar in '02, I remember being very impressed with the show bc I had remembered the details of that cameo very clearly re: an arms dealer/powerful man Brenda was with. Many shows tend to shrug that kind of detail off when exiting stars either leave, are hinted to return, etc. (I'm not sure if GL ever explained how Josh saw Reva on a tourist video, for example)

• Members

Thanks for finding that!  I knew it was there I was just using stupid keywords I guess lol. Everything really lined up overall with the Brenda return stuff as if GH actually thought about it.  Jax burning the test results in 1998, the arms dealer rescuing her, Brenda's tendency to love shady characters like Sonny, her fear of going insane etc basically worked.  Jax is apparently the world's worst private investigator since he literally had her in 2000 and came up with nothing until she showed up at his door 2 years later.

I am not going to lie.  I liked Titans lol.  I was bummed it got cancelled so quick.

• Members

Yeah, I thought the cast was good and the promos were good.  The writing wasn't great, but it wasn't really given a chance.   I think it could have gelled given a full season.

So Ingo and NLG are 15 years!! apart in age.  I didn't realize it was that much.  He was still a fairly hot commodity in 1999/2000 so I could see network interference on that and maybe not IR.  To be fair, I never thought Alexis looked that much older than Jax and it never bothered me.

• Members

Titans felt stilted to me, but I think the problem was mostly timing. The failure of Pacific Palisades a few years earlier, in spite of a starry cast and real promotion, should have told them that era for glossy primetime soaps was over. The next primetime soap to be a "hit" was The OC, which tried to have a more faux-edgy vibe...and even that only got attention for about a year. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Lol I almost said everything except Charles in Charge.  I remember Aaron Spelling really trying to make her a thing with her appearances in 90210 and she always annoyed me.  Like David was going to pick her over Donna lol.  I don't know something about her bugs me.  Tbh, Ingo wasn't terribly memorable in Titans either, but he looked hot.

• Members

Her screen credits have been pretty sparse in recent years, but supposedly she's been doing more behind the scenes. She does have a few writing and producing credits on imdb.

Ingo wasn't memorable on Titans, but to be fair not that many people were. Yasmine Bleeth was possibly the only memorable cast member.