• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know. While it's true unions need to protect their members, it is also true that they should have realized how difficult it would be and given the actors and producers the ability to agree to whatever they could agree to without union interference. They could have always revisited the contract statuses once the shows achieved success and there was an actual picture of what the show was earning and therefore what the actors fairly needed. Clinging to TV acting rates for an online TV show doesn't sound too realistic to me.

This is all so sad, now it is the same depressing news all over again. I wish AMC had the foresight to shoot two finales, once as a cliffhanger and one for if the online series never happened.

• Members

Though I'm sad for everyone involved, including the fans, none of this surprises me. I was one of those who was skeptical from the start that this would get off the ground and be able to make money. I really think PP bit off more than it could chew from the get-go, especially with wanting to keep the same 5-days-per-week schedule as the ABC version. It also doesn't help that the union involved hasn't quite got a handle on Internet shows just yet. Perhaps if PP can regroup and streamline the shows (start out 1 day a week perhaps with only enough cast for a 30-minute show), then they might be able to do something.

• Members

I still don't quite get how some folks think that Oprah can "save" our shows. She's trying to save HER network and she's already said truthfully that she wasn't interested in getting involved in the genre. At least she was honest from the beginning.

I just hope that the folks that work behind and in front of the cameras are taking time now to figure out what they need to do and have some sort of in with the casting agents who work with The Hallmark Channel.

Archived