B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The bold and beautiful channel has started to upload the new episodes in miserable quality... I really don't get why... it's very sad to see that they don't care about the fans's opinion. After so many episodes in semi good quality... it's bizarre to see what they are uploading. And we Know they have the episodes in much better quality. I am still grateful but a little sad... people that i recommended to watch the series in youtube have now quit because of the bad quality. And I don't overshare about the vault... I don't want it to be closed some day... it's just that the official channel could do so much better... we live in 2022 and the low quality is unbearable to watch nowadays.

• Members

It's incredibly haphazard. They go back and forth between bad and better quality. And for a while there they only had the audio coming out of the left channel. We are grateful but they could do so much better on the official channel. Soon they will overtake what we are up to in 1993 in the vault. They will rip through a year's worth of episodes in 2 months at a release of 4 episodes a day, and they are currently up to late August 1990. So in about 6 months from now, YouTube will catch up to what we have for August 1993 in the Vault.  

• Members

I wasn't necessarily crying, but I thought it was an extremly poignant storyline handled very well by Susan Flannery and Michelle Davidson (Ruthanne). It was actually one of those stories which did not last long enough, IMO. They could have played it for another month or without getting stale or broing. Stephanie eating food scrabs behind Pierre's café gave the chills. The dating with Adam was romantic (if so cheesy), especially with previous "spa day" at the hotel where they sneaked in to get a shower etc.

@Videnbas did you surpass me with your 1993 rewatch or are we still in synch?

I've just seen #1549 where Thorne and Macy fiiiiiiiiinally begin to talk and these characters seem to make sense again for the first time in months.

EDIT on the trivia front: As of #1545 Brad Bell is now credited above John F. Smith in the writing credits, meaning the creidts reflect his promotion to head writer.

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

@sheilaforever after a week of massive binge watching (incidentally the first week of my summer holiday) I am now up to #1610 and have run out of new episodes to watch for the time being.

I will not spoil anything, but to me the whole Thorne and Macy's separation/Macy's alcoholism started out feeling a bit underdeveloped (as if the writers had this lighthearted Cyrano de Bergerac story in mind at first but then changed their minds and suddenly decided to go dark instead and send Macy into a downward spiral). But IMO it gets better and better as it finds its pace and gets more time to develop. I think where I am at now, it has played a lot of beats, many of them very poignant, and is shaping up to be the best addiction story arc that I can recall on this show. Also, I think Macy's character makes a believable alcoholic - she always had an emotional vulnerability and the drinking seems like an extension of that.

• Members

History of Head Writers

March 23, 1987 (#1) - May 4, 1993 (#1533): William J. Bell

May 5, 1933 (#1534) - May 19, 1993 (#1544): no head writer listed OR John F. Smith & Bradley Bell

May 20, 1933 (#1545) - ....: Bradley Bell

The inital story started under WJB but the entire climax happened during Bradley's reign.