Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

11 hours ago, ladynerry said:

I'm confused 🙃 but Thank you guys. I hope we have problem on numbers 1994 episodes only 😃

There's definitely some synopsis hijinks on the R&S site for that period that are throwing us off the proper numbering. eg Ridge visiting for Bridget's birthday happens a few episodes later than where the R&S site says it happens...

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just dating them at this point with the dates that I confirm, not bothering with the episode numbers. Now I question whether the episode numbers I added to Nikki N's December 1993 videos are right!

1 hour ago, BoldRestless said:

I'm just dating them at this point with the dates that I confirm, not bothering with the episode numbers. Now I question whether the episode numbers I added to Nikki N's December 1993 videos are right!

Even the dates are wrong on R&S site for this period. You’re better off doing what you’re doing!

I've uploaded some photos from events and if someone know the events, date or place of some of the not titled i would be very happy to find them out. 

I remember many pages back in this topic there we hidden youtube links with 1991 and 1992 episodes. Does anyone have them downloaded and may be with episode numbers to upload in the Vault? Thanks! :)

Hey guys, someone who is unable to register here sent me some info on dates they think are not correct. I'm not sure who originally uploaded them. Just wondering what are your thoughts? If some are not correct I can rename them. I just don't have time to research it now and I know some of you guys are good at this.

1992-06-11 = 1992-07-03
1992-09-18 = 1992-09-10
1992-12-16 + 17 = 1992-12-15
1992-12-18 = 1992-12-17
1992-12-21 = 1992-12-18
1992-12-22 = 1992-12-21
1992-12-23 = 1992-12-22

(they think 1992-12-24 is episode 1445: Stephanie gives Taylor a precious Christmasgift: a necklace that has been in her family for three generations. Stephanie then admits that, despite their rough start, she now considers Taylor her daughter.  )
1993-03-04 = 1993-03-03
1993-07-26 = 1993-07-29

They were also wondering about these dates in the vault, since these are suspected preemption dates: 

1991-01-09, in the vault is a episode with this date #953. The next one is 1991-03-15,  1992-02-17 - 1228 

Nikki said she added more episodes to 1994 and asked to remind everyone she doesn't have anything after Hunter left so Taylor's death will be the end of the 94 episodes.

Also what is everyone's general opinion of 1995 and 1996 B&B? I am finding those years a chore to watch - all of the focus on Rick and Bridget is nauseating. Why in the world was Brad Bell or whomever so in love with Steve Hartman? That kid ate up so much airtime.

@Vizion thank you for getting in contact with Nikki! I am so happy she uploaded these file. I wishe she could upload 1991 and 1992 episodes too, but i remmeber you said she lost them.

About 1995-1996 i do not remember much. Since i am Susan Flannery fan i remember the story with Stephanies poisoning and when Taylor returned the story between Eric - Taylor - Stephanie.

I hope some day will rewatch these episodes.

I don`t have any emotional bond to 1995-1996 since I started watching in 1998. 1995-1996 is ok but no super exciting or give me any chills. There`s is though good stuff with Sheila but that`s mostly it. Jessica, Jasmin, Dylan, blaaaaaaah.....

i uploaded in Crossovers one clip i found on the Archive from Y&R from 1999. Brooke is in Genoa.

Edited by Marquise

I've done some research and based on the old newspapers and recaps I found out the correct number episodes for the episodes form january 1994 batch with some of the dates. And so

#1704 (James and Damon reunion, 3 Jan)

#1711 (12 Jan)

#1715 and #1716 are missing (Taylor/Brooke confrontation in the first one and Ridge arriving in the cabin in the second one). The sopas were pre-empted on 17 Jan due to the earthquake news coverage.

#1717 (21 Jan)

#1723 (31 Jan)

On 1/25/2021 at 2:45 PM, skebujebu said:

I don`t have any emotional bond to 1995-1996 since I started watching in 1998. 1995-1996 is ok but no super exciting or give me any chills. There`s is though good stuff with Sheila but that`s mostly it. Jessica, Jasmin, Dylan, blaaaaaaah.....

Interesting. I think the show was MUST_SEE in 1995 but come fall something did change. I've been rewatching December 1995 till February 1996 now (thanks to the German uploads...) and it is Ridge/Brooke/Taylor plus the rest of them Forresters and Spectras PLUS the twens around Dylan, Michael, Jasmine, Sly, Jessica which give me a VERY BH90210, MP, Models Inc Vibe and feel slightly disjointed with the rest of the show.

The show is leaps and bounds ahead from anything 2020/2021 out of the sheer diversity of sets and characters, the structure and longterm story plans, but I don't love it (meaning: 1996). The "ominous letter" twist in January/February was amazing even in the rewatch and the whole Sheila/Mike stuff - though kinda forced - was great fun. Now looking forward to: Brooke on Barbados was a hit, the mercury poisoning of Stephanie, Mike keeping Maggie hostage at the Santa Monica peer, I remember loving to have Clarke back but the story sucked. I loved Grant but this early stories were SH*T and I'm dreading the country music set, Dylan stripping was eye-candy and LOL, Lauren had so much sex appeal. So there is lots to like, but until November/December 1996 it wasn't necessary my favorite time of B&B either.

Someone mentioned young Rick: I thought Steven Hartman was pretty good, but the story was kinda blah with C.J. being the bully and him wanting to have his parents reunited (a story told in Bell soaps ca. 1000 times). I'm amazed how spell-binding Landy Albright was as Bridget, though. They did recast basically a second before Bridget's paternity got into question again and she is so cute - and good.

Edited by sheilaforever