OLTL: Character not dead

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know, how stupid can they make her? Last time we saw Natalie, she had her arm in a sling, some bruised or broken ribs and facial cuts. Why is she hobbling around on a single crutch without a sling or facial cuts? Facial cuts take forever to heal in Llanview these days. It's nice to see another ex-married couple (Blair and John) who has remained friendly. Has a soap ever had only one married couple on it and everyone else is either divorced or fake-married (assuming TSJ is not really Todd)? That's sad.

• Members

I would say that I am surprised, but considering the state of this show, I expected this storyline to have another "WTF" moment.

Patrick's alive, but that doesn't mean Marty will get a happy ending. This is Ron Carlivati we're talking about here. I can picture Marty's final scenes being in a padded room at St. Anne's, and "Patrick" breaking in to visit Marty, but we the viewers only being shown the back of Patrick's head, as he looks upon a catatonic Marty. The end. No follow up. No chance of "Patrick" wanting to extract revenge on TSJ's Todd for the amnesia rape. That's how much, or less, the show cares about giving the character of Marty a deserving exit.

• Members

LOL! You are so wrong!

I heard a rumor that Agnes asked him to come back as Patrick. (Yes, R. Sinclair I DO believe in the magical pimp hand of Agnes Nixon! :P ) I think that, plus the reprehensible way SH and Marty have been treated, made it a no-brainer.

Going back to the show that hosed his woman? Even if he wanted to, how many months of sleeping on the couch, giving foot massages and "Don't worry honey, I'll go to the PTA meeting, you go out with your friends!" would he have had to endure to pay that back? Better to put on his Red Wings jersey and head to LA.

Archived