AMC: Wednesday, June 1, 2011

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love whenever they bring up Libidizone--I always think it would be something the show would want people to forget about, it's almost like they're bringing it up just to admit "yes we know it was a whacked out story". Anyway, good episode! Love Janerica sneaking drinks, loved her with Greenlee, liked tieing Angie/Jesse with Madison, Scott was particularly good today--you could see his eyes watering, even Ryan didn't bug me.

• Members

Yes, they were really good and I suspect Lorraine had something to do with it.

I think someone behind the scenes (probably Susan) chose to have Jane mispronounce it because she'd only read about it but never heard the word before. It also seems like David might have been testing her with their history so maybe he realized something was off because she didn't know how to pronounce it.

Anyway, I loved Jane's interaction with Greenlee and how she sneaked a drink of wine when no one was looking.

• Members

I didn't find the pronunciation of Libidizone to be all that off. But I do love the little changes Susan has made to Jane's speech. Jane says "gonna" and "hafta" instead of "going to" and "have to." It's a nice reminder that speech is a big part of character. Characters like Phoebe, Palmer, Adam, Jesse, Angie, Tad, etc... each have a distinctive sound. I don't think a lot of the younger actors/characters have that and they haven't gotten the chance to develop it.

• Members

I know that it's been something of a joke to credit anything good to Lorraine the past year--but she is associate head writer--and since we've been clear the past week or so has had a ton of rewrites (thanks to actor's tweets and scenes not matching the synopsese--or whatever the plural of synopsis is), I suspect this is more than likely.

• Members

And again, notice the choice of beer and bar food which implies that Jane is not coming from a level of privilege to be funding this charade unassisted. I'm looking forward to the big reveal of the mastermind. Or did Jane hit the number? :blink:

Archived