OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

LOL! OK, let me see if I can recall this.....Tony Lord returned to Llanview in late 1981 and he brought an associate, Georgina Whitman (originally played by Ilene Kristen!) with him. Tony had discovered that there was an alternate fuel source under Llanfair and he came back to Llanview to mine it. It was called Solaramite. Bo became Tony's partner, and because it was such of a dud of a nowhere storyline, I really can't remember what it was all about. There was something about Tony and Bo testing Solaramite in race cars filmed on location and there were bad guys who wanted the Solaramite...and...and....zzzzzzzz.

• Members

Not to hijack the OLTL thread with GH talk, but I actually remember the Ice Princess story to be well plotted and paced. It was a long storyline that started with the arrival of Alexandria Quartermaine in October 1980 and ended with Luke saving the world in September 1981. All was going well until they got to that island and we were introduced to the mad scientist trying to freeze the world. Up to that point, the IP story was quite a snazzy little caper story. The Solaramite story on OLTL was just an attempt to ape GH's fast paced adventure storylines, but it was a bust. The Ivan Kipling brain chip story was playing concurrently with the Solaramite story - it was a low point in the program's history, IMO.

• Members

I always assumed Palance was relatively popular because you saw the big reset for him in Eterna, when Viki said he saved her life (in the screaming room) and he deserves another chance.

A few years after this Marlena said all Fiona did on OLTL was cry. I guess she was just not a fan of Gabrielle.

• Members

a little ways into this clip after Cassie's party (12:54) they decided to start dressing poor Viki to look like Bea Arthur's younger sister. LOL The cowl-neck, the long jackets. and it stayed that way well into 1985 too. it's like the more stress Viki was under she figured she'd be OK as long as she continued putting on layers LOL. I guess some women puyt on more make-up but Viki just kept putting layers of clothing on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvwC3mEH_-w&feature=channel&list=UL

• Members

Gabrielle is definitely the one who stole from Delila. That was one of the first OLTL stories I remember. Gabrielle and Delila had been working together and were friends but then Delila got kidnapped or something and was gone for like 8 or 9 months, and then when she got back Gabrielle basically stole her designs and business from her. That was always part of the reason I didn't like Gabrielle when I was kid- I loved Delila and I didn't like when people messed things up for her lol!