OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Poor Misty Rowe - didn't she suffer enough with Hee Haw.

The CJ and Al of that time were very good - great work in the episodes when they fell underground and the town had to save them.

I'm going to post one more and then the rest tomorrow or the next day. Thanks so much for reading and commenting - knowing someone reads these is the main reason I post them.

• Members

Okay, this is totally weird, but in that Susan Haskell article where she mentions doing a commercial where she talks about smelly men: I know EXACTLY what she's talking about! It's an Arrid deodorant commercial from around 1992! She actually says in the commercial, "When a guy smells, it's such a turn-off!" I have this on an old tape with episodes of The Waltons (where this commercial aired during--it was when the show was on the Family Channel) and two episodes of I'll Fly Away, the great drama back then that Sam Waterston did. If I knew how to upload stuff like that on YouTube I'd probably do it! I LOVE that she mentioned it in an article once! laugh.png

Interestingly, the same commercial block includes a NutriGrain bar commercial with a very young future final Kevin, Dan Gauthier smile.png .

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

It says in the OLTL trivia book that it WAS Malone's intention to have Nora as Sarah's killer. Nora was having episodes of blindness at the time, and that was supposed to have resulted in her hitting Bo & Sarah's car. But RSW thought that would be too big an obstacle for Bo to get over, being with the woman who ended his wife's life (even if she didn't intend to). So Malone changed it to a drunk driver killing Sarah.

• Members

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

I remember reading once that a rock band called Young Heart Attack wrote a song called "Misty Rowe", because the bassist said she was the first woman he ever saw where he went, "Wow, she's not like my mom."

It's a fun song, actually. Here's a clip of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlP-6te415k

I've sometimes wondered how long it was after Kassie joined the show that she and James got together, as they divorced their spouses the year before they got married themselves. It's also interesting that in the Max & Luna article, JDP mentions going to Hawaii with Misty and Dreama, and Kassie joined the show shortly after Max & Luna's wedding. So he could have met her almost as soon as he got back. Kind of interesting.

I've always liked them (JDP/KDP) as a couple, though, and their son JQ is a little cutie (he was actually born about a month after my brother!) smile.png

Edited by MissLlanviewPA