OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

desire to remain single at her age would have raised eyebrows. Happily for Erica, things are different today. Maybe not as different as they might be, but enough changes have come about to make being single an acceptable alternate life style throughout a person's life. "It's still true that the world is designed for couples, but it's becoming less so," Erica comments. "It's definitely much more acceptable these days for a woman to remain single longer than in the past, or not to get married at all. Years ago, if I were 27 and unmarried, I'd be regarded as well on my way to being an old maid forever. That kind of thing, thankfully, doesn't exist any more. It's absurd. Women are getting married for the first time at 35, 40, or 50 simply because they didn't want to get married before then, that's all."

Needless to say, one great big reason why Erica feels so comfortable in this independent role is because she has a very satisfying career. She truly loves acting, she wants to be successful at it, and she can't imagine not acting. "I've wanted to be an actress since I was a little girl, and I've never wanted to be anything else," she observes brightly. "My career means so much to me. I have to say I've been very lucky - I think the longest I was out of work was two weeks - but I can't tell you how often I think about how wonderful it would be to be a star, not because of the glamor but because of the opportunities stars have to pick and choose among the best work that's available."

With typical candor, Erica confesses stardom would be marvelous beyond words for another reason, one which shows how very seriously she takes her work. "If I were a star I'd never have to audition. Auditioning doesn't just make me nervous - it makes me sick to my stomach; I want to cry; I want to die. I go out there and nobody can tell what's going on inside. I'm great at covering it up, I come on like Miss Supercool, but inside, ohhhh!"

So marriage waits for now as Erica gets a few things out of her system. When she decides to give marriage another try, she'll have in her favor a fine model to follow - her folks have been happily married for the past 35 years.

by Linda Rosenbaum

• Members

Thanks for reading it. I know these articles probably all start to seem the same...although this one stood out for her looking terrified in two of the photos.

I hope Erika has a lot of great primetime work coming - I know it's not likely but I would enjoy seeing her in another role.

• Members

LMAO! This is marvelous[/Robin Strasser]. I remember Todd whimpering, "Oh my God, that's my car!" when it aired, hilarious. I love when he gives Starr the "Just a second" finger while he's scolding Sam, and LOL at Sam with the balloon in his mouth flailing his arms at the end. Also love when Todd, no pun intended, jacks Jack up by the face.

I have to say, TSJ and AT have great chemistry, there is something very hilarious about bumbling, clueless, good-for-nothing spoiled teen Jack in his "my parents are making me go to work" grownup suit and Todd just steady giving him the business for being such a fuckup. It's like Sheriff Buford T. Justice and Junior in Smokey and the Bandit.

Tea's face at 0:25! :lol:

• Members

I became a fan of Max & Gabrielle when I first started watching the show in 2001, but it was these scenes, which I saw originally on the FH fan site Fiona Fest (although with a few other parts added in that case---and of course this was long before YouTube) that were largely responsible in me getting a lifetime ticket abroad the Holden-Medina Express wub.png .

MAN, I want so much for someone on YouTube to finally post more of their stuff from 2001, especially their first kiss and their first time making love in a decade, both of which happened before I started watching. There's SO little M&G from 2001-2003 there.

THIS is what bums me out about Max not coming back most (along with the fact that there will now NEVER be an M&G wedding with JDP as Maxangry.pngsad.png ). Throughout their renewed friendship in 2003 (which was AWESOME--they truly were each other's best friends that year), it always looked to me like Max had fallen in love with her all over again, but felt hopeless in doing anything about it because she was happy with Bo (he looked crestfallen when Bo proposed to her--he was right there). I have a feeling that her death affected him far more than even Luna's did, because even when Gabby was away in prison, and then after she was released but still out of town, Max at least knew that she was ALIVE out there somewhere. Being away from her all these years, plus Al's death right before, I could imagine he felt pretty lost after that. The fact that he moved to Argentina later on after her death, IMO at least, only confirms my theory more.

Sigh...It's my hopeless fangurl moments like these where I REALLY need to get my fanfic on with these two laugh.png.

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

I missed this episode when it originally aired but watched it a couple of months ago and thought, "Oh, how the mighty have fallen." I loved the show at this time. Great stuff. It's weird though. I look at Joey and Dorian and I see me and my mother. The improbability of their relationship was really lost on me at the time.