AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't say this about many people at all, because I don't think it's true... HOWEVER! That's almost 21 years ago and David Canary, honest to GOD, looks exactly the same.

I'm definitely thinking painting... attic...?

But seriously, though... I LOVE him! David Canary, Vincent Irizarry and Debbi Morgan were the three actors on this show that I could watch every single day and not give a damn about them hogging the show. Fortunately for me, my VI wish came true! :wub:

• Members

He does age very well (I also think James Mitchell looked the same for YEARS, until his final few years). Canary really doesn't look all that different from his role on Peyton Place.

In the past few years, I have noticed he looks more tired and not quite as strong--but I think he still has aged very well, and for a long time there did look virtually exactly the same.

• Members

After struggling to get the site to work and just being lazy, I am finally watching the AMC episodes on Agnes' site. I can't get past that first Kate. I wonder how long she lasted. She bears little resemblance to what I would have expected the role to be. Kate ends up seeming like a not-so-secret alcoholic.

Rosemary Prinz has such a warm presence as Amy. I'm sorry she didn't stay longer.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

As my posts have said before, I had a lot of trouble getting them to work for ages, but now they work well and the quality is better than a lot of youtube videos. I have no idea why she chose the three episdes from the 2000s though up there, or who chose them (they're not awful, one is the 2005 anniversary episode which makes sense, and was the end of the baby switch, and the other two seem to be from the first month of McTavish's return where we still have some Bianca/Lena stuff, and David and Anna lose Leora--but those so seem kinda random out of all the episodes she could put up, especially as no othershave been included). The lecture that's on there given to the Paley center is fascinating, mainly about AMC and OLTL but is worth watching (the second one starts with a bit about Nicki/Vicki) albeit very long.

And the two 1970s episodes are great--and yeah, it's especially good to have two that focus a lot on Amy (her nightmare sequence at the end of Episode 21 is hysterical camp--I actually miss when AMC regularly had far out dream sequences--they never completely lost it, but up till the mid 90s or so they were a regular occurence). And yes, I'm glad they recast that Kate (and recast so well)--she does seem like a not so secret drunk, lol. Wiki says she was played by three actresses--She was played by Kate Harrington briefly in 1970 then by Christine Thomas, 1970; and finally by Kay Campbell, 1970 to 1985. I wonder who is in that clip--it's episode 51 so would have been March or so of '70 so maybe it's Thomas, as I remember hearing the first Kate was replaced within weeks or months. Kate Harrington apparently went on to play Marion Conway.

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

Who was Marion Conway?

I am not the biggest Joe Martin fan (although Ray's a good actor, just not quite my style), but I was hoping he'd tell Eileen Siegel to back up. I have no idea why she was all in his face about the ideal choice for a new wife. This Eileen was a little odd - I guess this was before Alice Hirson.

I can see why Richard Hatch was so popular. Karen Gorney seems old even here, but Hatch has that beautiful, dreamlike quality. I wonder why they ever recast.

• Members

LOL I have no idea who Marion was--just that she played the second version of her in 71-73 on GL, lol.

The Eileen scenes were odd, but I guess they were already telegraphing the Ruth romance. I actually have always liked Joe, but I'll admit he was alwayus pretty boring and square (Ruth at least had more of a spark and outspokeness), but that of course was kinda his appeal and purpose from the very start. How long was Eileen on the OLTL canvas and when was she recast? It is a funny cameo (although as a Nixon fan, I love that they were bridging the shows from the start), and while I guess her and Joe were meant to have been old friends, she does seem all in his face, as you say. I know many complained that Eileen was never mentioned when Joe Riley died or she discovered she had a new twin, with Joe's twin Tom.

Hatch really did have that dreamy, sensitive teen idol thing going on. I am pretty sure I read that he left on his own, and wanted to persue primetime (where he had a pretty successful career of course). I've always wondered when his recast happened--was it when he was missing in Vietname, or at just a random story point? Nick Benedict seemed to be a popular recast though, even if he never really went on to do much else major on tv or in movies though i guess he was on Y&R and Another Life. (I have no idea about Jordan Charney who played the role in 1975 until Nick returned--he couldhave been temporary or just not worked out...). I admit I like Gorney's oddness, and even though I've not seen all that much of her Tara, I associate that with Tara.

Edited by EricMontreal22