AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Link: http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/04/14/the-chew-the-revolution-abc-daytime/

When 'Ally My Children' and 'One Life to Live' bid adieu, they'll be replaced with two lifestyle programs, 'The Chew' and 'The Revolution.'

So, just what are these shows about? Certainly not countless marriages and evil twins. Get the breakdown on what you can expect and what (if anything) there is to look forward to seeing on these new shows.

'The Chew' comes from veteran Food Network producer Gordon Elliot ('Paula Deen's Home Cooking,' 'Down Home With the Neelys') and will focus on every aspect of food. The one-hour series about the big world of food will be hosted by Mario Batali, 'What Not to Wear' stylist Clinton Kelly, 'Top Chef' veteran Carla Hall, 'Iron Chef America' star Michael Symon and nutrition expert Daphne Oz.

Look for the panelists to discuss things ranging from food trucks to pesticides. With such a charming group of people (Hootie hoo, Carla!) and the growing foodie craze, 'The Chew' could just work. Only thing that sounds off-putting is 'The Name' sorry, the name.

'The Chew' will replace 'All My Children' starting in September.

In January, ABC will launch 'The Revolution,' a show about health and lifestyle changes. 'The Revolution' hails from the producers of 'The Biggest Loser' and 'Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition.'

Tim Gunn headlines the "dream team" of Kimberly Locke -- yep, 'American Idol' contestant Kimberly Locke -- and fitness trainer Harley Pasternak. The three will be joined by a rotating cast of contributors to help transform all aspects of people's lives. Over the five weekday broadcasts, the series will feature one woman's five-month weight loss path. ABC calls the show a "one-stop shop for better living." Based the on the description, it's hard to get a grasp on just how this show will pan out.

Tell us: What do you think of the new shows? Will you watch either?

• Members

Well just how many aspects of food are there? More specifically, how many aspects are interesting enough that I want to hear what these nobody celebrities no one ever heard of have to say about it? My eyes glazed over when my mother would talk about food, now I have to listen to these people? I don't think so.

Archived