Tristan Rogers On Contract at Y&R

• Members

;)

I don't know, but it's not like there was a lot of interest back then. At least I don't remember any. People might have liked them, but I haven't scene all that many questions when someone posted them or proposed a theory.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jill is part of The Young and the Restless, but I think that show died when that woman, Alden, what's-her-name, left. That was endgame. Still, though part of me like Jill and agrees with you completely, at times I fail to see what she brought that was so... I'm not sure what adjective to use. Maybe, after all these years, no matter how masterful in his own way, Bill Bell and his crop of characters had mammoth flaws that wouldn't survive detailed scrutiny.

That's OK, I guess. Though to me, sometimes to many neuroses too much of the time is too much.

• Members

I would leave with Jill.

I like many of the characters and watch the whole show (only FFing when it's really bad). But I started watching when I was in grade school, the first year the show was on, so I've followed Jill since the beginning. I just wouldn't care anymore without her. And Jill would have to be Jess Walton, she is Jill to me. I liked the first one but I think of her as young Jill.

Normal people are boring. A love triangle with someone between mother/daughter or father/son is good soapy fun for me. Although I can do without the really weird stuff like frozen cities and double doppelgangers.

And Jill was growing in many ways, she had developed from manicurist into a smart high-level corporate executive, until they tore her apart. Nevertheless I'm still hooked on Jill's story because I'm still waiting for her to be the lady of her own home and life. She may own half of the Chancellor Estate but Katherine rules the roost and horns in on every important event with her children/family. I'm not in a huge rush for JC to leave but I can't wait for the day that it's just Jill & husband. I always imagined she would head Chancellor Industries, and develop Chance to take the helm when she was gone.- what a mess they have made of that.

• Members

Sylph definitely was first, and inspired my own quantitative explorations--but he gets no blame for my obsession with the numbers.

Like Sylph, I lost my data files. I also have been meaning to look at the long period of slower decline we've been having lately...but time hasn't been available.

I did try to adapt TVByTheNumbers Cancel/Renew index for daytime lately; that led me to believe that on quantitative grounds (as many of you have already written elsewhere) AMC and B&B should be the next two shows cancelled. The only question is whether simple numbers rule daytime in the same way as primetime...I have my doubts.

http://markhsoap.blogspot.com/2011/02/daytime-on-bubble-renewcancel-index-for.html

Archived