AMC: Thursday, February 17th

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I seem to be in the minority with liking this show right now.... Denial is a syndrom I know

I guessed the Ricky ending but hope he can be saved... I like a priest (weirdly) as a character, and like him with the cast. Otherwise thought it was a solid ep

Witty I would debate....

Otherwise OLTL has 2 good (great!) weeks every 4 months. Maybe that's what soaps need? :nbe:

• Members

I wish that there was a way they could keep him around as well. But I don't think they will especially since they pretty much had him say he flat out killed Zach. (Even though if this was a soap like GH, he'd have a better chance of sticking around,because a soap like GH likes to keep around villians.) Plus I think that they are either cutting some scenes with him and/or certain things that have been spoiled about him aren't playing out.

Including stuff that would make him more "grey" I think that the writers could be shortening this storyline with him. I did enjoy him and EM's portrayal of him and was enjoying him and Kendall together. I would have liked if he really was a minister, and was able to stick around. I think it would have been interesting to have a real minister on canvas.

• Members

I haven't watched OLTL regularly in awhile but my boyfriend does and I did try to get into it the last few months. I just don't find the writing very deep and I don't consider it witty when you're laughing at how stupid the characters are (hello, Joey, Natalie, Viki, for starters). But I do think it would help AMC to have a story like OLTL's recent paternity test switch where you don't know what's going to happen next and can't wait for the big reveal; it seems to have helped OLTL ratings at least in the short term for the week of the double wedding. In some ways, I think AMC is on the right track by stretching out Ryan being the father of Madison's baby, but the show blew it by making that the story that was pushed in the ads because it led to nothing. It might just be me, but I think AMC could've drawn in more viewers by making Jack & Erica the couple to have the big Valentine's Day wedding and have the Ryan/Greenlee/Madison/Scott drama and Amanda's realizing Cara was still wearing her wedding ring happen at their reception.

Archived