Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

It would be quite funny to have Victoria knocked off her perch by finding out that she isn't named after Victor. I don't remember it ever being brought up.

Summer knows, because they thought she was Jack's daughter that time. I feel like Kyle should know because articles have been written about Diane. But in those articles Diane's apparent only crime is faking her death and whatever Griffith made up offscreen. They never bring up her arson or sperm stealing.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

EDIT: Were Victor and Nikki together or divorced when Nick was conceived? I'm Realizing that Nick grew up with his parents never being married. 

I know this was posted already but it's interesting to see how much a documentary broadcast on E! got incorrect. Guiding Light went to television in 1952 not 57, they say Irna Phillips co-created not story editied DAYS. Jamie Lyn Bauer played Lori not Jennifer, yet they say she played Lori in part 2. Then they said she played Laura Horton on DAYS before not after Y&R.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

@ironlion I never got Ryan's appeal and can't figure out how he lasted for 10 years. He basically replaced Chase Benson (whom I don't think even got a proper exit storyline; he stopped appearing in late 1990 or early 1991) in the up-and-coming Jabot executive ranks. I also wonder if Bill Bell used Ryan to fill the void left from killing off Phillip III.

• Members

Ryan was always a such a selfish dolt to me, probably lasting on Reeves’ sexy body and charm at the time for him to last longer than he should have. Probably the only beat the show missed was him having a steamy shocking one night stand with Jill in early 1996 which the show seemed so poised to do but backed off. I don’t think of Ryan as apologetic, and I do believe his death at Tricia’s hands was obviously the ultimate karma for cheating on Nina with her. 

I think if Chase had lasted we’d probably gotten a more well rounded triangle between him, Nina, and Victoria would have occurred with Chase being more respectful of the two women when Ryan never was.

I hadn’t even thought of Ryan filling a void for Phillip III though…I can imagine had Phillip III lived (and been recast) and ended up hooking up with Victoria in 1991-92 it would’ve caused quite some volatility between Victor, Nikki, Jill, and Katherine. 

• Members

@soapfan770 Yeah, early 1996 it looked like there was going to be a Jill/Ryan hookup but it didn't happen. Instead we got that awful Nina/Ryan/Victoria/Cole quad.

For whatever reason Bill Bell put teenage Victoria in the orbit of college-aged adults instead of building a teen group around her like he would w/ Nick a few years later.

• Members

@kalbirIndeed it’s struck me as odd in retrospect that Bell didn’t set up a teen scene around Victoria despite having a overall consistent teen/young adult scene throughout the 80’s. Instead we had a clearly underage Victoria get married. I suppose we did have Brandon Collins but he was never utilized properly. I think Cole was supposed to just be a couple years older than Victoria, but the show cast a mid-30 something J Eddie Peck. Making matters complicated later on is that both JM and SC are older than HT.