Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I imagined a story at some point when Esther talked about online dating.

She talks to a guy and they get along and eventually decide to meet.

Esther is shocked to see'Tiny' and he doesn't remember her at all.

Esther has to face up to whether to tell him who she is and that he has a daughter. Then you have Chole's reaction etc.

• Members

Marla Adams and Melinda Fee look as if they're the same age.

If that were Brenda Dickson's Jill listening in on John and Dina's phone conversation, she'd just roll her eyes and her jaw would drop occasionally in amazement/disgust over the things that Dina were saying.  But Melinda's Jill looks like she's waiting for the two to wrap things up so she can go to the can.

• Members

https://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-and-the-restless/news/621002/young-restless-tracey-bregman-lauren-debut-love-paul-michael-anniversary-tribute/

Interesting read about Tracey Bregman’s time on the show as Lauren, including her describing her first scene and moment where during a taping Bill Bell saw her as the “bitch” on there, both of which I was particularly interested in.

Does anyone remember watching her first scene as Lauren?

I unfortunately wasn’t born yet so to this day I’ve never seen it. I so hope someday the full scene or episode pops up!

• Members

Can't say that I recall her "very first scene", but I do remember that she basically debuted as the "New Angela Laurence", a girl who could commiserate with Traci.  But while Angela Laurence had always been a sincere and genuine friend to Traci, Lauren seemed more shallow, superficial, and caustic, even without necessarily intending to be that way.  She definitely turned into a spoiled, entitled little shrew in a big hurry, and the actress was just right for that part.  

• Members

It seems like Bill Bell kind of revamped Angela into Lauren? I know they were two different people, but obviously TEB just knew how to ultimately amp up the bitch factor.....which I'm guessing wouldn't be the case with Angela. 

I'm curious about those first scenes too. I'm hoping for next year when it's TEB's 40th anniversary, we at least see a clip of her first scene like we did with Kate Linder's 40th....Unless the entire episode miraculously surfaces before then!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Yeah, the whole dynamic really changed.  Stephanie E. Williams (as Amy Lewis) took on the sympathetic aspects that Angela Laurence had been showing Traci, Lauren became a selfish Nellie Olesen from "Little House on the Prairie", and a character named Betsy became Lauren's co-conspirator and partner in crime against the sweeter girls.  

• Members

Gosh, I haven't seen that since high school lol.  That's the way I remember it exactly -- whenever Traci would get even an ounce of positive feedback, Lauren would come swooping in, smirking and jostling her hooters around, opening her mouth wide to show all her plentiful teeth, and stealing all of Traci's attention for herself.  And you'd think Amy was on the verge of slapping Lauren's jaws, but she never did.