Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I was surprised to read in a late 2002 Digest interview that Janice Lynde was in talks to resume the role of Leslie, and Leslie would be different now, etc. I'd never heard about this (or forgotten it). Does anyone know how close it was to happening? I wonder if it would have worked, since Leslie had no ties to the canvas.

I've seen this before but it's been a while. It's a great scene, especially Jill's last line. I was surprised at how aggressive Mamie was in this, more than I remember her being later on (aside from a few fights with Jill after she cheated on John with Jed). Was Margeurite Ray's Mamie written more aggressively or was it just an acting choice here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty16bMoDT6I&feature=channel&list=UL

• Members

April's trial is very melodramatic and TV court, and the woman playing the prosecutor gets on my last nerve, but I'm reminded of why I was so fascinated by April when the story first aired. She's not the greatest actress but she has such a husky voice and she does well with the strong-yet-weak character here. It's too bad they recast April and then totally forgot her existence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rACB-a1Go_k&feature=autoplay&list=UL7JHh6D2vdsY&playnext=5

• Members

I'm thrilled 1994 Y&R eps are up now on YT. Its funny that Y&R actually brought back Eilbacher and later Alex Donnelley as their respective characters whereas today we'd probably end up with Tracey Nelson in the role of April. The whole April story had me mesmerised for the entire duration, and I'm glad clips of it are finally surfacing.

I actually would have been interested to see Lori and Leslie have returned fully there in 2002/2003 I could see the show then bringing in Brooks Prentiss as a love interest for Victoria after the Diego mess...oh the failed possibilites.

• Members

Only now do I realize the respect Bell had for viewers, bringing back old actors if he could, and weaving them into the story believably. Eilbacher wasn't a big actress, but she was more than suited for this story. And it was not a whodunit, which is what it would be today.

I think Leslie's return would have been interesting mostly because she wouldn't have been with Victor.

I'd still like to bring Prentiss back, as long as showkiller Sheffer is gone.