OLTL : Bring Back Bad Starr

• Members

Personally now that BB is gone and that the ever increasing rumours that RH is returning , this would be a great time to turn Starr back into the fiesty naughty girl she started off as. Daddy's little girl. Yes she has Hope and she could still be the responsible mum , but i would like Starr to be a bit more like her early days. You could kill off Hope and revert Starr back to what she was , but now That Sole is pretty much wrapped up itself , it would be interesting to see what will happen to Starr now (New Romance with James ?). It I was head writer , I would have Starr revert to the more devilish child she started as , but yet still be able to care for Hope.

What do you think ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

KA is talented but has developed a lot of really bad habits. Her brother's now better than her, and I never thought that could happen when they were kids.

I do think they have to take her back to her bad seed roots, and the best way to do this is to take Hope out of the equation. She should never have had that kid, and the show obviously regrets it as Starr is totally unconvincing as a young mother and they've had to contort themselves to account for the baby at every turn while also using Starr and Cole as "hot young leads" (which they weren't). Best option: Let Hope be injured during the inevitable next hostage crisis, and have her sent off to St. Anne's or wherever for a looong convalescence. Scarred by the loss of both Cole and her child, Starr tosses off all shackles of responsibility and goes buck wild as a bitch on wheels. You can always bring Hope back someday when Starr has been properly re-defined.

I'd also give her a career in the sciences. Careers on soaps are usually so cookie-cutter, and it's always interesting to mix it up. Starr's interest has always been in animals, science, etc. How many characters on soaps are actually scientists, or researchers, or whatever? Do something with that that doesn't leave her boring or unable to hit the club.

• Members

Kristen Alderson doesn't bother me but I've not liked Starr for a long time. I would like her to go after some people as well. It would be fun if Starr started hating Todd because he never supported her and Cole and while trying to find some dirt on him, Starr finds something leading her to believe he isn't Todd. I'd love for Starr to be the one to discover that the 'real' Todd was out there. What would she do? Would she feel bad about revealing it, or be happy that her 'real' dad was out there?

Of course, you know that it will probably end up being Blair in this story if it happens. But I think Starr would be a different route...

• Members

its not simply her acting ability but her look. She is too cute and child looking which just didnt sit right with the mature storylines they were giving her. I found it a bit hard watching her get pregnant and being a teen mother considering how much of a kid she looks like. She's what 18 now, but comes across as a 14/15 yr old. She's a college aged character now and at the point where she is a young adult but Alderson isnt too convincing. Most shows would have recasted and SORASed her ages ago but this is one of the rare occasions where they let the actress grow in the role. I dont think they necesarily should have.

• Members

The age thing isn't in her looks so much as it's her performance. I can predict her reactions at every turn and they are as painful to predict as they are to watch in real time - lots of very dramatic gasping, hyperventilating, and "oh my Goooddd, (scene partner)!" Lots of hysterics, often barely contained as someone else talks her down about something, followed by weeping and/or saccharine monotone. She's gone to the Elizabeth Berkeley Showgirls school of overacting, by way of a mall in the Valley. It feels very juvenile and put on.

She's a better actress than that, somewhere deep down. It's just bad habits.

Archived