The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Would Rick give up Daryl even though Daryl abandoned them and the group now has to deal with his racist volatile brother? We all know the answer to that. Hersh pointed out that they would not even have Maggie or Glenn (would be down 2 very good loyal soldiers) had it not been for M. She saved Carl and Hersh!

It's a bit too plot driven and I don't like it. TWD is above that crap. Every now and again, the plot will take presedence to move an insignificant part of the story, but not for something as important as this! Rick considering this for one second saddens me, and then to think it will bring peace with Phillip? This leaves me heatbroken! Absolutely heartbroken!

Edited by ChitHappens

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think Rick might be a little torn about Daryl, he might do it, but you have a point. I guess they're trying to show that Rick has lost most of his moral clarity, but this is the fourth or fifth time he hasn't shown enough faith in Michonne (and if not for Carl he probably would have left her to die outside the prison). It gets to a point where you wonder why she even wants to be around them.

• Members

I don't think Rick rally think it would stop at just M. I think that he thinks if he doesn't try and at least consider every single possible thing to save his kids' life than he couldn't go on if something happened to them. He made it clear he didn't think it was a good idea and needed Hersh to talk him out of it, that he didn't want to do this, that it prob wouldn't work - but that the risk may be worth it.

• Members

The only explanation I can come up with is that Rick is tired and would rather not do battle if he does not have to, so he's considering giving up M. He's not thinking clearly, and perhaps, he should have run this through the group. Af first, I thought that was a bad idea, but now, it looks like he should discuss it with them. There is no way Glenn, Maggie, Carl, Hersh or Daryl would allow this!

• Members

I hint your giving them all too much credit. Themonlymflat out no I'd expect is Glenn after what he went through. Maggie isn't overly emotional so I could even see her thinking it over. I mean if the gov and his people come in, they are dead. Period. They cant fight them. Not with a cripple, two kids and a baby.

• Members

I think the group as a whole would be tempted to give up Michonne although I agree that Glenn is probably the only one who would refuse outright. Michonne simply has not been with them long enough to build a strong bond even Hershel was willing to consider the option. Other than Carl, no one really knows or cares about her. However, Merle would speak up because he knows that it would be futile and only delay the inevitable. Plus, they need Michonne to help them hold the prison.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

Ok, perhaps I'm giving a few too much credit, but I don't believe Glen or Maggie would give M up. They owe their lives to her.

While I'm ranting, I have another beef with last night's eppy. Of course, I'd love to blame everything that goes wrong in the zombie world on Andrea, but I'm not going to even credit her for the distasteful reveal of the baby's paternity. Under what circumstance would she tell Phillip this? That was just ridiculous!

JP, is there something wrong with your keyboard?

• Members

Chit, you clearly missed my rant at Andrea last night for revealing Judith's paternity. LOL! It was one of those WTF was Andrea thinking moments. I wonder if she thought this would help Phillip understand what a wonderful man Rick is. This seems like twisted Andrea logic. Then again, maybe this is her version of pillow talk. Even the Talking Dead guests and Chris were wondering why on earth Andrea would tell Phillip this as well.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

Yes, my space bar skips. I was trying to get to my laptop to fix it but that didn't happen and that post was too long or me to abandon lol. I don't think the group would give her up in the end. But I do think they'd consider it. Esp Maggie who may see the risk as worth in hopes of keeping her sister and the baby away from the gov.

I just figured it came up when she was talking about what she has been through back at the beginning of their relationship.

• Members

I'm going to have to go back thru some of these posts. I just think it was a bit too soapy. I can't imagine the circumstance for such a reveal to Phillip. Clearly, Andrea's an idiot, but this was so Daytimey to me. Phillip needed someothing to get under Rick's skin, and Andrea just so happened to tell him that?

• Members

Did Andrea know about Shane when she met Phillip? I ask this because Carol just explained this to her a few eppies ago when Andrea learned that Rick killed Shane. Remember when Andrea told Carol that Rick loved Shane, and Carol countered with "Shane loved Lori". Andrea appeared to have had no idea, which is why this is very disappointing. She goes back to the prison and gossips with Phillip? I think the writers screwed that up.

• Members

The ratings continue to be outstanding! 5.7 in the 18 to 49 demo, 11.46 million overall viewers. Talking Dead was down a bit; 1.8 in the 18 to 49 demo, 3.43 million overall viewers

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/03/12/sunday-cable-ratings-the-walking-dead-wins-night-the-bible-vikings-real-housewives-of-atlanta-the-client-list-more/173012/

Edited by Ann_SS