The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Rick is nothing like Phillip or Shane. He started from a good place with a good generous heart. People like Phillip and Shane were clearly near sociopaths before the Zombie Apocalypic so it did not take much for them to go over the edge. However, I do think that Alpert, the producer in that clip is right though, both Phillip and Morgan are versions of people that Rick can become if he does not hold onto his group, his sanity, and his hope.

Watching Rick ignore the hitchhiker and kick Tyrese and his people out was hard to watch because we don't want to believe that good people would do something like that i.e. we all think that we are all good people and we don't want to believe we would do something like that. But these are not easy decisions and they are being made under horrific situations. Rick is already on shaky mental ground. He sees every new person as an additional person that he is responsible for and/or a potential threat to the group. He accepted Merle because he knows that they desperately need Daryl and he can watch his brother. Rick wanted to save Morgan because he saved him and he knows that Morgan is a good person and could be again if he could regain his mental health. I think that when Rick gets well or as well as he can get, he will be closer to the Rick we knew post-Shane, but still making tough decisions.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic