The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sorry to keep posting stuff but this is a Laurie Holden interview. She talks a little about the other ending that was originally filmed, and not being happy with it. It also sounds like the decision to kill her was somewhat last minute. I kind of wonder if this is what got Mazarra fired, or if it was Kirkman, or what.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-season-3-finale-death-spoilers-andrea-laurie-holden-interview-431969

More Kirkman:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-season-3-finale-interview-robert-kirkman-431968

• Administrator
I agree! I was pretty disappointed with the season finale too. I thought for sure The Governor was going to die in a final showdown with Rick - I assume that's what TPTB were building up to this past season, but I guess not.

I didn't like how Rick's crew brought back the refugees with them back to the prison. How are they going to feed everyone? Now Rick's going to lead more people?

A definite thumbs down for the season finale. After watching this, there was no feeling of "I can't wait to watch next season to see what happens next!!!"

I still like the show but it's no longer in my top tier of TV shows.

• Members

Final ratings show that Talking Dead did beat Game of Thrones in the key 18 to 49 demo, not that it matters as much to HBO.

The Walking Dead; 6.4, 18 to 49; 12,419,000 overall viewers

Talking Dead: 2.6, 18 to 49; 5,158,000 overall viewers

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/04/02/sunday-cable-ratings-the-walking-dead-wins-night-game-of-thrones-the-bible-vikings-shameless-the-client-list-more/175901/

• Members

Toups, my friend called me yesterday at work and was livid! She thougth the finale sucked monkey nuts. I then went onto a few sites, and many are very unhappy. There was way too much build up only to have The Gov and Co running like little girls. It was disappointing. I'm taking it so well because I'm looking at the bigger picture - ANDREA'S GONE! How could I not be happy :)

• Members

I thought the actual final scene was gorgeous, and I have no problem with more people being brought in - if you're going to have a battle, you need cannon fodder, and, aside from maybe Beth/Hershel/Carol, everyone in the prison was too important to the story to kill, or too popular with fans. Feeding everyone - between the food from Woodbury and the farming that Hershel wanted to start but hasn't been able to, that shouldn't be a huge problem.

The episode itself was more problematic, especially the way they handled the Governor and Andrea, but I think they never should have built up a battle when logically it was never going to happen (the Governor had everything and more he needed to win). I felt like the season had about five balls in the air, and the finale had to deal with them, and seemed to let a few fall (for instance, while it's nice to see that Tyreese and Sasha are nice people, I'm not quite sure why they were ever in Woodbury...?).

Reading about the behind the scenes debating over Andrea and her final scenes, which was apparently serious enough to mandate reshoots months later, I am a little more forgiving.

I only watch about 3 new shows so that's not a problem for me ph34r.png

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

LOL! You missed Allen just standing there pointing the gun instead of shooting. Martinez and the other guy just standing there while Phillip shot all those people was ridiculous, but I could buy that they were in shock. It was them getting into the truck with Phillip that made me explode. WTF?! Who would go in the truck with that crazy-ass man? I would shoot his ass, drive off, and leave him.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

I didn't have as big a problem with it as others did, because where else are they going to go? He's crazy, but he never aimed the gun at them, or even considered it. I'm sure they see themselves as being better than the others in Woodbury, and this would have proved them right. Their options are going out on their own, waiting for the prison group to pick them off, or going with him to start over.

Allen seemed to be an idiot the whole time so I wasn't that shocked with his behavior. I think he expected that he'd just hold the Gov at gunpoint and get him to surrender.