DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nowadays, Kim would kidnap Doug and force him to write a break up letter, devastating Julie.

Or Doug would discover his true identity as a member of a crime family.

Maybe Kim is murdered and Doug looks like the culprit so Doug and Julie go on the run to clear his name.

But those sort of stories weren't on the cards in those days.

• Members

Why would she? He recognizes her rightful role as the queen/star of the show and he gives her good material.

I know you have an over the top hatred for him but some of us genuinely like him. Not everyone agrees with you. 

• Members

Eileen Davidson is the best actress Days has ever had so I am eagerly anticipating news on a return. No one could have done what she did with those five roles.

Eileen tried to return in 2018. CBS blocked her. It’s only right that her roles be restored to her. 

Kristen and Susan aren’t five-day-a-week characters anymore like they were in the late 90s. Eileen could easily film an episode or two a week while also filming at Y&R especially since Days has so many dark weeks. We know this because she has done this since 2021.

Days has had a string of awful recasts over the past few years (Haiduk, McClain, DePaiva, to name but a few) and it’s only right and just that the roles of Susan and Kristen be restored to their proper portrayer.

I stopped watching Days when they recast Eileen’s roles and now I only tune in when Eileen appears. Susan is my favorite Days character of all time. Kristen is the greatest Days villainess of all time.

Has anyone “in the know” heard anything about an upcoming Eileen return? 

Edited by Lye-C

• Members

I never said anything about full time/permanent. I’ve said a couple of times now that she could appear once a week or even as little as once a month. That’s neither permanent nor full time. Its time for Eileen to reclaim her roles on a part-time, open-ended recurring basis, much like how Wally does both Days and GH.

I don’t doubt that some actresses have their fans but I stand by my statement. McClain, for example, is unable to capture the sweetness, charm, or likability of Missy’s Jenn. She fundamentally doesn’t understand the role. Same for the others I mentioned. People only like McClain because Missy happens to be a conservative. Meanwhile, we Jack and Jennifer shippers absolutely despise McClain. She ruined our supercouple. 

Anyone in the know: was Eileen filming at Days last year when she was off Y&R for a few months?

Edited by Lye-C

• Members

Oh, no, I'm a huge fan of Cady McClain's. I can recommend her memoir for reading about a child actor who ended up winning 3 Daytime Emmys for 3 roles on 3 shows on 3 networks. Loved her as Dixie. Adored her as Rosanna. Eat her up as Jennifer Rose. Plus, really enjoyed her project about women directors. And, being a conservative is not at all what the issue is with Missy. 

Please register in order to view this content

Dee-Abe 12-5-91 clip  

• Members

Thank you for finding that scene!!  Marlena and Abe have such a solid friendship.  I love this scene because it's one of the few times Marlena has autonomy about her own feelings and expresses them.  She doesn't get her perspective out a lot in this storyline because obviously what John/Roman are going through is so much bigger.

Not directed at you @Donna L. Bridges but I also love that Missy being conservative is the issue here.  Um, no, she actually just won't commit to Days full time.  I have my own issues with her beliefs and politics but that's not why she isn't on Days currently. Steve Burton is pretty damn conservative and bff with Scott and Missy and is fully employed by two soaps.  

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Having an Emmy doesn’t change the fact that she does not know how to embody the role of Jennifer Deveraux. She’s miscast. You’re eating it up because you’re a McClain stan. We JnJ shippers know she is [!@#$%^&*] in the role. 

But Missy doesn’t need to be on full time. Remember, she returned in 2021 and 2022. McClain has only appeared in a handful of episodes since then. Missy easily could have done them. It seems to me the show is keeping her off and choosing to go with an awful recast despite how much we JnJ shippers object to it. If they needed the role of Jennifer full time, why hasn’t the recast appeared in almost a year? The “full time” thing doesn’t add up.

I want Missy and Eileen back in these roles on a regular basis even if they only air once or twice a month. 

Do you have any info on an Eileen return, Caroline?

Edited by Lye-C

• Members

It was my pleasure. It's a fantastic scene. Dee at her finest. How many times does her voice break? 4? 5? Her use of her instrument is incredible. Plus, she takes her time. There's plenty of silence between phrases. And, she doesn't feel like she can show this to either John or Roman. But, she is free to express herself with Abe. Here he is the perfect "talk-to". Then it's extra that he does not have to choose, but she does. 

Oh, about Missy, you are correct. There were times when the show needed Jennifer & Missy was unwilling to come & play her. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
more

• Members

I genuinely prefer Missy.   I find Cady McClain a bit cold in delivery, but she was a fine recast and willing to work and do the part to the best of her ability.   There is very little you can do when the OG actress doesn't want to come back lol.  There are a lot of reasons outside politics that I find Missy problematic.  She full on left her job in the middle of her contract and got to come back for several years in a leading status.  I don't know any job that would provide that.  And, yeah, I'd like to see Jen every now and then, but I don't know how many chances you can give an actress.

• Members

It’s also worth noting that Haiduk is dirt cheap. Remember, she was an Uber driver before Days. Eileen, on the other hand, knows her worth. So while some are fine with settling for Dollar Tree Kristen, I’ll continue to hold out for the real thing. Eileen is filet mignon compared to Haiduk’s hot dog.

Edited by Lye-C