DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

John and Marlena aren't bad people, but they made a lot of wrong choices under the guise of keeping Marlena's family together with mostly good intentions.  I don't think anyone is the villian here, but if I had to choose anyone it would be Marlena.  She made most of the mistakes here and was the one to seek out John when he was going to leave town to avoid the situation.  She knew John could be Belle's father and lied.  She knew Sami saw her and John and said nothing.  She never came clean to Roman and when she was put under pressure by Stefano she announced it in public!  You know I adore Marlena and adore Marlena/John, but it was very interesting and satisfying to finally see Marlena have a chink in her perfect armor.   It's probably my favorite story on Days ever and the most complex material Deidre/Drake ever got as a couple.

• Members

Well, it was a tale about a woman who desperately loved two different men. Naturally she was gonna screw up. 

Please register in order to view this content

You know I love & adore Deidre & just eat it up with a spoon if it's dramatic & she gets to play it. Every catch in her voice sends me. But, I think about her saying that she did not want anything to happen, when she chased John down at the airport. And, I believe that was true & I think John took advantage at that point but it also was a natural way for him to react. Starting with the scene with Abe when she vents her feelings to him cause he's the only one she can with & we hear how wretched she is when she speaks about how he can love them both but she can't & has to choose. I think that is Dee Emmy Reel #1 & I think the story creates many more Emmy reel moments. (Of course Deidre wasn't playing on a fair field, but the scenes are worthy & rate Emmy reel potential, even though she never had a chance.)

• Members

12-19-91 Day 29 (2-2-24) Roman was not a jerk. John pretty much was a jerk to Isabella who currently could be described as "long suffering". During the day Roman & Marlena with the kids went to the Bradys & everyone was there but Bo & Carly & little snaggle-tooth Shawn-D plaintively asked weren't they ever gonna get back from Mexico?!! Then Roman said he had a surprise & he opened the door & there was the happy couple & there was a lot of hugging! He wanted to hear about their trip & then he said, "You were stuck in a hotel room for 3 days?! How boring." All of the grown-ups laughed their heads off. John was short with Izzy & refused to go to the Bradys. Izzy & Marlena cooked up a plan for John to see Eric & Sami right after school. They saw the Xmas lights but then Sami got onto John for lying to them & saying he was their father. Eric got into the act, too, and it was an awful scene for John. 

Please register in order to view this content