Soap Opera Digest Best and Worst 1999

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Remember when they had that Johny Mercer actor, who spent more time trying to suck in his already flat stomach, then he did acting, so much so they had to actually put him in a t-shirt which said "evil." I guess this was the old coot Rauch's way of being "hip and ironic,"!! And yes, the Rob actor could barely keep his infatuation with Grillo to himself, each scene made him look like he just wanted Hart to throw a good one into him. Which would have made a nice sick layer to the storyline (aka Rob, acting like he was after Cassie, when deep down inside he really wanted Hart...) but homophobe Rauch and daytime wasnt (still isnt) ready for someone who was actively bi-sexual. I remember the scene of Rob wrestling with Hart over a get this baseball bat of all things, tugging it between them, until they finally fell on the bed. Rauch was too uptight to have ment that, I think they were just stupid as usual.

Sean he of the hairy chest. Yea, he was way too roided out but it was nice to see an "older," guy with a hairy chest get a chance to show the simpering underwear boys of daytime how its done. As I said, I think it would have been cool if they just let him go without his toupe.. What is with daytime and toupee...Alan's was terrible, and he could easily have gone as balding..Fulton tells a funny story about BH on ATWT being made to wear those rugs, and he hated them, so the last day of filming they went outside and burned them all!

• Members

Johnny Messner. Then he went on to drop his towel in some Cameron Diaz film. A lot of people cast on GL in the late 90s seemed to keep popping up elsewhere.

Then they cast the hot Tim Adams in this role only to completely waste him.

Archived