Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I still could bite me in the butt that I didn’t attend the ATWT farewell event in 2011/2012 in the Netherlands. They were at my neighbors and I just learned about it too late otherwise I would’ve went there

Please register in order to view this content

and omg everytime I hear the 2007 theme I get goosebumps.. That is my childhood lol I know people seem to hate the later years but I enjoyed them so much. Only thing I hated between 07-08 was Dusty’s death and him returning with long hair. I had the same style as him as a young guy in 07 and was shocked when he had long year. I felt betrayed lol 

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

@blueberrywaffle

1st video seems to be April 93, with Holden and Lily running through Italy. 

2nd video 8/10/93---The date the Miss Teen USA competition aired, per the commerical

3rd video with Royce's trial is mid-late September 93. Sonia Satra debuted on GL on 9/14, the CMA awards aired on Wednesday 9/29.

4th video seems to be between vids 2 and 3. It's before Royce's trial. As it ends with Andy getting caught up in the car explosion (which some better researcher should be able to date) I would guess it aired as the customary Labor Day cliffhanger.

• Members

I don't recall. She might have been injured and sent to a hospital closer to her home to get medical treatment.

Scott Defrietas acting choice during the explosion was funny. It was not acted well.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Andy was injured but he saved her. I vaguely recall there was some discussion that more Kingsleys were going to be introduced but Patricia was the only one who made on screen.

Patricia didn’t die either she would leave London to go back to Rome and would reappear on the show in late summer 1994. 

The car explosion happened sooner that Labor Day. Based on an 8/15/93 newspaper soap recap I found it seems the the explosion happened 8/13/93 or thereabouts. 

• Members

You’re welcome!! Had to do some digging on that one but I knew Hollen came back as Patricia for sure in ‘94. I want to say she also made some appearances in ‘95 as well dealing with Kingsley-Marta business in the aftermath of Eduardo’s death but I’m not also not entirely certain about that for sure. 

I wonder if anyone at P&G approached her to return to GL as Trish during this period. 

• Members

Cashbox May 64

TV Soap Opera Star Signs With 20th C -F

NEW YORK-Rosemary Prinz, who portrays "Penny" on the popular CBS -TV daily serial "As The World Turns," has signed a recording contract with 20th Century -Fox Records. Her first album is "TV's Penny," which will be released in June. Helen Noga, her manager, negotiated the contract with Norman Weiser, vice president of the label.

• Members

Cashbox September 1962

Philips To Issue Soap-Opera "Hit" CHICAGO—Former TV soap operastar Mark Rydell will cut his already famous song “Penny” as a single for Philips Records in the next few weeks. The singer-actor has starred in CBS-TV’s “As The World Turns”program—a show with 22 million daily viewers—for the past six years. A ballad singer with a beat, Rydell named his song for his TV wife. Penny, and the song became the theme song for the show. Thousands of letters have reportedly poured into the show asking for a record of the song ever since it was introduced. Rydell, who played the character of Jeff Baker on “As The World Turns,” recently left the show to devote himself to directing in Hollywod and to recording. The new single will be cut under the direction of Quincy Jones.