As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Thank you so much for the Kathryn Hays profile!  It's incredible that she was never nominated for an Emmy - especially during the Marland years when she was given such great material.  I'm not certain if it's because she didn't wish to put herself in the running or if she never got pre-nominated, but she was often head-and-shoulders above those who were nominated.  The Emmys are notorious for ignoring talent, though.  For example, Susan Flannery was doing incredible work on B+B for over a decade before she was finally recognized with a nomination. (Then, like a dam bursting, she won several times.)  I suppose some actresses just make it look effortless and are therefore overlooked.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Peter's interview is one of the best. A lot of ATWT talk with Peter sharing his thoughts about most of his costars. Peter asked what Melanie Smith was up to and Alan was clueless. Lord he just interviewed her.

Please register in order to view this content

Peter didn't remember Bianca. Poor Bianca....lol

• Members

the peter boynton interview was excellent!

alan seems to do so much better in these one-on-one interviews than with a group. 

loved the betty rea story. just goes to show even the great ones don’t get it right every time. back in 1961, houghton mifflin turned down ‘mastering the art of french cooking’; knopf is still laughing all the way to the bank.

interesting that charita bauer was still doing theater. nothing about it on her wikipedia page and ibdb lists her last broadway appearance as 1944. 

and never realized that doug marland continued to do theater after he became headwriter. it’s a lot to juggle. not surprised though that he created the part of tonio for peter. he really did appreciate actors. 

i’m always amazed at the insights soap actors bring to how fans really connect to both the shows and characters, perhaps if more of the suits had shared these insights over the years, soaps wouldn’t be in such a sorry state. 

• Members

Peter was trying not to name anyone but after some thought Alan blurted out Betty Rea. Of course it was her. Who else was left?

Please register in order to view this content

I'm surprised Betty didn't like Peter and didn't even let him audition. That is so cool that he had Charita Bauer backing.  It would've been interesting to see Peter on GL.  I wonder who he would've played. 

Tamara Tunie and SMS going along for fun on the location shoot was interesting to hear. I guess ATWT still had lots of money in 1991.

Peter's dad fascination with Colleen Zenk was cute.

Most shocking still was Peter and Scott kissing during rehearsal.

It was nice to hear that he still keeps in touch with Scott Bryce and Tamara Tunie.

• Members

I was thinking the same thing....lol

I mean Peter Boynton didn't even remember her and they were in scenes together.

He mentioned it was because it had been years. 

Bianca was forgettable. The only scene I remember is Bianca yelling at Lucinda for being over protective of Lily and not giving a damn about her.

• Members

Bianca Walsh was by far Lucinda’s best daughter. They were simpatico. She never judged her nor yelled at her. She was 1000% team Lucinda. Usurpers steal her company- on Lucinda’s side. Lucinda lies about Holden’s whereabouts- well she had her reasons. I loved their relationship because it was the only relationship Lucinda possessed by the 90s where she was given complete absolution.  Bianca was one of those characters that should have always been around. 

Bianca was never jealous of Lily. The scenes after Lily divorced Lucinda and Bianca comforted her mom were wonderful.