ATWT: Jon and Martha reunited again

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What did Martha ever do to Goutman that he turned his back on her a couple years ago and still holds some kind of grudge that he wouldn't take Noelle up on her offer to step aside and let them bring Martha back for the final shows? He is such a big part of why ATWT got cancelled. I wonder if he has any guilt for putting over 150 people out of work?

• Members

Sorry---but what a load of pure tripe. Rose was a monumental failure--and I'm really surprised they had the nerve to defend that horrid character.

And I really have news for them---Jack and Carly certainly didn't need Holden and Lily to pave the way for them. MW and MP succeeded in spite of a load of craptastic writers. If Marland hadn't written Holden and Lily, I'm not sure we could say the same thing.

• Members

Interesting note in there about Jake Weary, confirming some longtime suspicions:

I thought Weary was decent in the role, and Van Hansis was very obviously a deliberate ringer for him albeit much more seasoned and popular. But I'm disappointed in the Zimmer family for that move. I've come to really enjoy Invader Zim for what she is - an old battleaxe - but she is just overbearing. And frankly, Chris McKenna on OLTL was Weary's age or slightly younger, and looked it, when OLTL had planned to make his Joey Buchanan gay in 1992. While Ryan Phillippe looked young, he was something like 17 and the character of Billy Douglas was a new player. One of the few frontiers daytime has never dared touch, and likely never will, is having an actual young teen actor play a gay or lesbian storyline. And that's too bad, given what we see in real life and in primetime - younger and younger adolescents declaring themselves and their sexual identities, to the point that we got little Mark Indelicato on Ugly Betty to represent those changing morays. I'm not saying we need to see some 14 year old making out, but daytime has always been about exploring the day-to-day realities of the time, and honestly the way these kids seem to acclimate themselves to whether they're gay, straight or bi these days, and the ages at which they do it, makes my hair turn white and I've only been out of high school about 9 or 10 years.

Archived