Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Sylph

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Loved Love LOVED this movie!!!!!

Best of the 7 farr. I was really worried about where they were cutting off the film, but it turned out perfectly.

It was so weired, there were a bunch of little details I just COULDN'T remember...Which is surprising because I have a really good memory, AND I read the book twice. Therefore, I am currently reading it again.

I'm glad i didn't re-read the book before the movie though, because I would have been fresh and frustrated at some stuff they cut. Like there was this whole GREAT scene between Harry, Rob's aunt Muriel, and Dumbledore's BFF Elphius Doge, that they cut...And I completely forgot about it until rereading it today.

Anyway, great movie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

<span style="font-size:10.5pt;">This is one sh!t movie! Horrendous and soooo overpraised, it's beyond belief!

Let us examine some evidence:</span>

<span style="font-size:120%;">

</span>

<span style="font-size:10.5pt;">I don't know where to start. Alan Rickman and Imelda Staunton are as fabulous as always, Helena Bonham Carter is kind of boringly freaky, the effects are fabulous, but everything else is pure shitola: from the horrendous script with atrocious dialogue, total absence of any story, multiple stops and diversions in the middle of the film that go nowhere, complications so easily resolved and kind od fast, the dreadful, annoying Emma Watson, so sweet and coy, it's yucky. Utter crapolafest.

Ben Hibon's Tale of the Three Brothers was awesome, though as usual Rowling can't write a story worth sh!t.</span>

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Oh, Sylphy......

This is one sh!t movie! Horrendous and soooo overpraised, it's beyond belief!

Let us examine some evidence:

LOL! Since when is opinion evidence?

Is this all part of the same review, I wonder?

I don't know where to start. Alan Rickman and Imelda Staunton are as fabulous as always,

Yes

Helena Bonham Carter is kind of boringly freaky,

OK

the effects are fabulous,

Yes

but everything else is pure shitola: from the horrendous script with atrocious dialogue,

Say what?

total absence of any story,

Hardly

multiple stops and diversions in the middle of the film that go nowhere,

You mean, the quiet, character moments?

complications so easily resolved and kind od fast,

Which ones?! I'm curious!

the dreadful, annoying Emma Watson, so sweet and coy, it's yucky.

I actually was immensely impressed with her with this movie and finally saw what she has been doing from the beginning. Very subtle, very real. I can see why she would be misinterpreted as bad, though.

Utter crapolafest.

Like I've said before, you never cease to amaze me!

Ben Hibon's Tale of the Three Brothers was awesome,

It sure was

though as usual Rowling can't write a story worth sh!t.

LOL! I do hope you've read the books.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Footage from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 will air during ABC Family's Harry Potter Weekend thingy starting Thursday at 7.30.

Also, the HPATDHPart 1 DVD will include one of the opening scenes of the second movie.

All great, but a trailer would be nice! :lol:

Archived