AMC: Th. 6.10.10

• Members

Oh yeah. I was so pissed when AMC brought both of those actors on. I thought for sure they were going to push them no matter what. I still can't believe we were spared that nightmare. And hey, I acknowledge that they had a lot of fans on GL, but I just could not stand that couple. I may hate JaManda, but this would be even worse if it were Gush2.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ehlers would have made for a wonderful addition to AMC if TPTB hadn't been so busy telegraphing the fact that they brought her on to recreate the "GusH magic" w/ RPG. I actually believe it was to Chuck Pratt's credit that he didn't watch GL, so he wasn't aware of them on the other show. Because, if he had, believe me, he would've pushed Jake & Taylor much, much harder.

+ 20.

• Members

LOL @ Madison wearing two different silver shoes.

I loved the part during Jake's vows, where he said he hates when his Spanish Soap Operas get pre-empted.LOL. I don't like JamanDUH (no secret), but their vows were sweet...and the fact that they were completely ad-libbed (according to SOD) added a lot, in this case. You could tell that they were, and things just seemed to flow naturally..it was an ok wedding, imo.

Dave Barnes :rolleyes: Ok I really like that song of his that AMC played in today's and yesterday's episode, but I had to LOL when he was actually at JamanDUH's wedding, and went up to "sing" that song for them. He was so obviously lip singing, you could tell he was just standing there talking to himself. He looked dumb lol. The audio track was playing, and it just didn't sync with his voice at all, and he was holding the microphone practically down to his crotch. That was just bad, and I think it would have had more of an impact, if Dave Barnes had actually sang his song, instead of faking it.

Does Kreizman have so much influence and control, that Donna Swajeski's input doesn't even matter? Lol I don't know, because I've never actually watched any of the shows he's written. But I'm thinking of Swajeski also, lol she's a Head Writer on AMC, to. Kreizman is the main one talking to the mags and press, I rarely see Swajeski give any quotes, which worries me. But I do still hope that she has influence on the story lines going on right now and in the future, also. I wasn't even alive during her term at AW, but I've heard from a lot of people that she did a really great job writing that show while she was there. So thats why I'm hoping she has some power at AMC to, and isn't overshadowed by Kreizman.

We still have to see who catches the bouquet at JamanDUH's wedding :P I read in a spoiler. Don't know who it is, though. Guess we will find out tomorrow.

• Members

Randi looked a hot mess. She didn't even look real. She looked like a busted mannequin, basically. Way to much make up, and the dress practically blended in with her skin. Denise Vasi is incredibly beautiful, they should have gone for a more natural look for her. And she should have worn a dress with a color more along the brighter side of the color spectrum, instead of the drab.

LOL @ "just finished using her giftcard at Marshalls'" LOL!!

• Members

You know, you look at Amanda away from Jake, what an amazing character...w/ him dry.gif

Loved Ryan/Madison and shoes scene, I swear when Randi looked at the shoes and Madison told her 'don't even' then she spoke about it, I yelled at my screen 'bitch slap her!'mad.gif ...why are Rylee looking rootable? Please don't go there.

Anyway Randi looked like she came to wardrobe late or something WTF did they do that to her? She's srsly beautiful but just was..she was saved b/c Jake was the worst looking one yesterday. Why wasn't JR at this wedding? oh right b/c he's not family to Jake/Tad/Amanda etc...blush.gif

• Members

Amazing how there's a stark difference in Ryan since Jan/Feb...actually has been humanized, has some humor and wow unforced chemistry w. other ppl.

281r2hk.jpg

2qu0z85.jpg

Madison winning 1/2 the battle, oh chill out Jackson go look for Erica!

*spies Jesse copping a feel on Angela*wub.gif

2m4eux3.jpg

Yes Madi, once upon a time, that man made women feel like you do right now.

• Members

I'm not a big Jake and Amanda fan, but I found their vows (Jakes' jokes aside) oddly touching. So I was ok with the wedding, surprisingly. It was odd because OLTL had a wedding last week, and I actually prefer Bo and Nora as a couple, and even enjoyed the slapstick stuff leading up to their wedding way more than I expected to. But I didn't feel anything when they actually tied the knot--and oddly I did with Jake and Amanda. Lotsa props prob should go to Kate Hall for penning the script (can't we get her to do more scripts? She's the best they have, yet seems to do the least)

I do agree that most of the scenes surrounding it were stuff we've seen before (and while I was excited to see Erica back initially, all her scenes today were a waste, and Caleb tossing her around makes me uncomfortable. This was shot during Susan's vacation right? Cuz it seems obvious they filmed a bunch of scenes at once, and sprinkling a few in every 3rd or so episode... But the problem is at this point they could show them in any order...

And yes, I'm still nto a big Ryan fan, but he's suddenly become tolerable--it's bringing him to other characters, having him not be so all about Greenlee, and even giving him little self deprecating asides that has helped.

Angie :(

Oh, and I really liked the touch of Ruth giving Jake away, since no other parental figures were there (I like the whole "we're your family" thing with Amanda, but it woulda been way too much if she had given her away...).

I know it's cliche but I was kinda hoping Janet would make an appearance--you know hidden in the cake or something... Or is that just me...

• Members

Agreed--I know many disagree, but to me, right now, you can more or less see why every character does what he does, which makes them more tolerable. I have a feeling if Lorraine B's name disappears from the credits (especially from what I've heard about when she helped David--and Donna?--at GL and after) that might change...

• Members

Yeah, it's kind of hard to explain chemistry, or what makes a show watchable and *endearing* at any given time. I don't think it all rests on good writing, it has something to do with the right mix of actors and characters who have (for the most part) a clear and interesting place and purpose on the canvas. AW had some snooze-worthy shitty storylines but a pretty dynamite cast, which of course couldn't save the show but still kept a good many fans hanging on.

• Members

That would have been perfect. I can't believe she only came back for 8 episodes, AMC could have fit Janet into the wedding somehow, I'm sure KC would have been willing to do it...and she wouldn't necessarily have to come back to cause trouble (like the show always seems they think they have to do when they want to bring her back).

Her scripts are top notch. It's a shame they only come rarely these days. Compared to the scripts these past 2 days especially, hers today was more fluent, pure, and engaging. The only part that disturbed me, was when Ryan was walking down the isle with Greenlee and said that everyone was staring at him because he looked fantastic :rolleyes: if someone else were to say that (like Tad), it would be kind of hilarious. But Ryan actually believes what he is saying, LOL. or maybe thats just me thinking this.

• Members

Watching the rest of it...[Opal]what in tarnation[/Opal] is Jake making that poor baby do in front of that camera. "Trevor...Trevor, he asked....you see, he's shy in front of cameras, so he asked me to translate. Trevor asked me to translate. YOU ARE THE COOLEST MOST BEAUTIFULEST MOM IN THE WHOLE WORLD! You ROCK!!"

It's like he's a flipping child. I hope Amanda's ready to start serving pizza rolls when Jake brings his friends over to play Xbox.

The lip syncing! Oy! They brought the poor kid in to stand around like a goober for a three minute scene.

Archived