Y&R: Jack Smith haters come together!!!

Adam

• Members

C'mon, I know you are all out there. Y&R is quickly (and already has) turned into a shell of its former self. Y&R was always immune it seemed, no matter how bad long time fans thought it was, it still seemed to still be above the rest of the daytime world, well I can't say that with confidence anymore..... and there is one main reason for that, and his name is Jack Smith! What happend to provocative, exciting and the character driven storytelling this show has been known for? What happend to REAL characters and interesting relationships? I am not seeing much of that on this show right now!

DAMN YOU SMITH!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

word.

I was watching Y&R today here and more JT/Mac and I had to ask myself again, and these two are front burner why.... meanwhile Jill and Katherine and others are left in the background. Kay was on today but just doing her usual gig, giving Mac advice on her JT situation UGGG!

• Members

Love the banner amcfan!

Other than that Jack Smith was AMAZING in 2003, the storylines were amazing and the balance was incredible, virtually everybody had a storyline.

He also had some good stuff in 2004.....

Other than that like Hogan was at ATWT I think he's burned out, so yes Jack Smith sucks now and I shall sign in!

• Members

Thanks for the compliment on my banner! :) But yeah I really didn't start hating Jack Smith until earlier this year, it started for me with the Lily paternity storyline.... it left alot more to be desired and just seemed to be contrived and now that Malcom is off the canvas will probably never be spoke of again.. just left me burned....

• Members

The Kay/Jill story was when he started f'ing up. But it wasn't until the Lily paternity storyline that he started his trend of primarily focusing on one story at a time and the show became less balanced. And ever since, like amcfan says, his stories leave something to be desired. Neil and Liv should have been more involved in the paternity story. Back in the spring, everything was about Gloria? The Cassie storyline turned into the Daniel/Lily story. Sheila and Tom were caricatures to prop the Michael/Lauren story. And now you have all of these entanglements going on between chracters at Jabot and Newman. But where's Victor, Jill, or Kay?

• Members

I totally agree Chad :). Jack Smith is getting really stupid with his storylines lately though (what with Brad proposing to Vicky on New Years after telling Sharon she was his "true love" and the one he'd been searching for....What's up with that??) and I really don't get this whole Yolanda/Devon thing. I think it should take a step further and something should happen with them. Everything just seems soooo borrring and I hope with Colleen coming the 18th and Lily on her way to Genoa City soon that Y&R will get better. I hope so. I also agree with crc. Victor Newman is like top dog with Y&R (as is Kay) so why don't they have storylines?? and Jill...she should go full force with this spa idea with Nikki and Phyliss. That seems like a good storyline.

• Members

Yep! I know many hated the storyline but you couldn't look away because the acting was soooo good. Old faces were brought back(Greg, Skipper, Liz) and that HOOT Charlotte Ramsey. Then there was the wedding with Jill hitchhiking her way up to the Chancellor mansion, and there was a beautiful location shot behind. Such great stuff!

Aside from that you had Isabella/Paul/Kelly Simmons AKA Christine/Michael and Izzy trying to drown the bug, a classic scene, and because of that Izzy grew so many lovers lol. Of course le bug never did die, and she had all those flashbacks of her oh so great love life! But still it was great how Isabella staged her murder and framed Chris. Oh ya and a drunken Mary, I miss her SO much!

Then we had the poolhouse fire going on with Diane/Phyllis/Jack/forgotten kyle.

There was the introduction of Damon who had loads of potential at first! And I believe this is when the great Phyllis vs. Drucilla rivalry begun!

Safra vs. Tuvia was great with the rollout and all, we had Dru wearing that afro lol. Then with Victor's bribery scheme, almost making Michael lose his licence to practice law.

Sharon returns home after Cassie's accident(falling into the icy pond) and there is so much tension. We have Sharon trying to seduce Nick at the 4th of July BBq lol, and Nikki vs. Sharon over the Gala. Loved when Nikki slapped Sharon and immediately after begun to fix her nails. Then at the gala we had that great scene played by ED where she breaks down with "Robert."

Not to mention you had Kevin Fisher's introduction to the show, and the fire at Gina's which was great.

Dru and Neil reunite and they have that lavish wedding in Japan!

The beginning of the Cameron storyline(started off good) with Sharon hitting Cameron over the head with a champaigne bottle!

The WORST thing of 2003 though was Sharon kissing Victor!!!!! ORCHID! Oh ya and the character destruction of Paul raping Christine, which was described as "rough sex."

But ya 2003 was a great year, because there was BALANCE!

• Members

^^OMG the Orchid!! I hated that stupid thing.

I loved the Michael/Paul/Isabella/Christine storyline, it SMOKES this Sheila storyline.

Jill & Kay's story was amazing (at least they had one) but they shouldn't have made them related. Charlotte and everything could've still been brought back.

And back when Kevin wasn't a glamorized hero...yeah I miss that Y&R, before Jack Smith really started to lose his marbles.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived