All: Best and Worst Resurrections

• Members

I agree that there was very poor follow-through on Shannon's return from the dead. But the initial shock was great. I never expected to see her when Duncan went to see "his wife" at the police station.

The potential for great story was there. Duncan and Jessica were two popular characters in a groundbreaking inter-racial marriage. Duncan and Shannon were a fan-favorite star-crossed couple. All the elements for a great triangle were in place. But after a great set-up, it's like the writers didn't know what to do next.

I think the writers were afraid to alienate either of the fan groups, so they simply let the s/l fade away, with Duncan choosing neither woman, and all slinking out of town with their tails between their legs.

My own preference? I love the character of Jessica, but Duncan and Shannon were the money couple. They had a sense of fire and fun between them, whereas Duncan and Jessica seemed more like friends.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This was still when I didn't know spoilers so I was definitely shocked when I saw Shannon. I also preferred Shannon and Duncan together, at least the original years, as they were fiery and had adventures, but that part of their relationship seemed to be dampened with her return.

• Members

I have to give some mention to Holden and Damian on ATWT, who were both presumed dead twice, or three times. I mean they had two funerals for Holden when viewers knew he was not dead! The only interesting thing about those is that one of my all time favorite ATWT characters Seth Snyder returned. When he came back AGAIN I actually began to believe that someone at ATWT had done that just to make sure I got through the episodes. :lol:

Damian's returns have rarely done the character any favors. Every time he seems to be more balanced they end up turning him crazy again. I just don't care about Lily, or most of her family, no matter how nuts Damian becomes. The only interesting thing with this return was his relationship with Meg.

• Members

Early resurrections:

Love of Life - Van's 1st husband returns after 10 years with a new identity.(late 60's)

GH - Phil Brewer,Jessie's husband (early 70's)

SFT - Sam Reynolds,Jo's fiance (early 70's)

It wasn't until the 80's that this device was used regularly,mainly to accommodate the return of popular performers.

• Members

AJ's 2005 resurrection. It was just more throwing him under the bus for Jason. He was completely transformed into a total monster, and the storyline for me ruined the kind of loveable/troubled AJ that was just truly misunderstood, and turned him into a sicko. It was pointless to me.

• Members

Who was the first character on soaps to come back from the dead? Was it the above Love of Life mention?

Best resurrections:

--Stefano, Days 1993

--Reva, GL 1995

--Hope, Days 1994

--Sheila, B&B and Y&R 1992 and 1993

--Victor, Y&R 1993, even though we knew he wasn't dead

Worst resurrections:

--Phillip III, Y&R

--Colin, Days 2004

--Shannon, ATWT

--Damian, ATWT 1997

--Carmen, GL any time she came back

--Stefano and James' later comeback, ATWT and Days

--Macy, B&B only to die again!

--Dear lord there are too many to list

• Members

She died in a car crash right? Was that the first or second time?

I love the character and actress, but yeah it did get a little tiring.

How was she written off? Death?

Ugh.

Just to be revealed as the Text Message Serial Killer. :rolleyes:

Stupid, stupid storyline.

• Members

Macy car crash the first time. The second time a chandelier fell on her and Sally disconnected her life support, offcamera.

Carmen was supposedly shot to death the first time, I think, outside of the Bauer home. Then she returned. I can't remember her second exit.

Archived