RIP Blake Carrington

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wasereading comments about Joan Collins and Linda Evans in another thread (the Plastic Surgery Thread) and then this was the very next post I saw. What a shock. I don't know why I hadn't realized that he was 92. That show feels like yesterday and everyone on it seems immortally young, in my memory. R.I.P. Mr. Forsythe.

• Members

I couldn't stand Blake but I thought Forsythe made the role much more tolerable. My favorite part was that hilariously OTT finale to one of the middle seasons where Alexis took the mansion after teaming up with Blake's black sheep brother, and Blake started choking the life out of Alexis.

The cast really did love him. The only reason they agreed to do that reunion special a few years ago was for him.

• Members

I once heard that Forsythe almost quit because they had a storyline where Blake cheated on Kristen and he said he would never play the role of an adulterer, so they switched it so that Kristen would be the one cheating. Anyone know if that story is true?

• Members

Well, it sounds true, at least. JF was very protective of his character. Blake had to develop amnesia before he could even think of going back to Alexis!

I mean "ever." DYNASTY frustrated me, as a soap fan, because it always operated under the assumption that glitz was the perfect substitute for story. It isn't. Nothing can work as well as story but story.

• Members

Everyone always pointed to the relationship between Krystal and Alexis...but I always thought it was the relationship between Alexis and Blake which was the one to really watch. Joan Collins and John Forsythe did not always get along perfectly, but they had crackling chemistry. Rest in peace John, Charlie and Blake, 92 well lived years.

Joan Collins released a statement on his death:

"He was one of the last of the true gentlemen in the acting profession. I enjoyed our nine years feuding, fussing and fighting as the Carringtons and I was so glad to have had the chance to reunite with him a few years ago in the Dynasty reunion. He will be greatly missed."

Archived