AMC: Tuesday, March 30, 2010

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was also disappointed in the Erica/Brooke scenes. It felt off to me that they were acting like old friends instead of rivals.

Once again I loved Jack & Erica!

I really liked AJ hugging Annie. If this leads to JR eventually falling for her and leaving his dull wife, I'm onboard!

David & Greenlee were the highlight for me. I really hope she can start developing romantic feelings for him instead of reverting back to Ryan.

• Members

Forget the dialogue - just watch Julia Barr's facial expressions. And yes the "I'm praying for you" at the end was priceless.

Jack and Erica's scenes were just sexy. They do belong together - at least for a while.

Ryan - bleh. I've never liked Ryan and Greenlee together. If she's the love of his life it's a pretty sad life.

• Members

Forget the dialogue? The dialogue is what makes Brooke and Erica... well, BROOKE AND ERICA!

It's like waiting for a highly anticipated showdown between Astaire and Kelly... only to watch them giggle and do the Charleston... (ETA) that was choreographed by Jessica Simpson.

• Members

The Erica and Brooke scenes were exactly what I thought they would be. There sparring was lightweight, but that's what I expected. I didn't think we would witness a war of words because frankly, there's no real conflict between the two, they merely don't like each other's company. But the exchanges that they did have today, were fun and made me chuckle. I'm looking forward to more.

And Jack and Erica really do have chemistry. When they start fighting over their kids, is when I start to tune out. I like having Jack back but I want to see Erica paired with someone with more fire.

I thought the first segment was good with the quick scenes and that cut of music.

The costume department needs to buy Cameron another pair of shoes. Ryan wears those shoes when he's donning a sports coat and apparently he also wears them to go jogging.

I loved the scenes between Angie and Jesse and Jamanda.

Overall I thought it was a good episode.

• Members

That's because Brooke's return has been wasted. If they had stayed true two women, one company angle -- which seemed to look promising -- and had Annie and Brooke spar over Tempo as well as Erica and Greenlee battle over Fusion and somehow get the four women intertwined, there could've been many RIPE opportunities for a legitimate Brooke and Erica clash.

Instead we get this fake scene, with fake dialogue in fake circumstances. I mean, really. Brooke and Erica show up fully coiffed at BJ's at, what, 5am?!

Speaking of which, I had a huge problem with this episode because of one thing: WHY THE HELL DID IT HAVE TO TAKE PLACE SO DAMN EARLY IN THE MORNING IF THE ENTIRE TOWN WAS GOING TO BE UP?!

• Members

All I could think during the Brooke/Erica scenes today was it seems like they wanted to bring Brooke back to user Adam out but made a deliberate effort to not write anything that might cause viewers to get too attached, and thus miss her presence when she left. Unlike other returns that were wasted I think this one is strategic on the part of TPTB.

• Members

I don't know that it was deliberate to the point where the writers were having meetings saying, "We cannot have her interact with anyone outside the Chandler Mansion." But I do think Brooke's return only serves one purpose. Let's see if it plays out that way.

• Members

I've always been a Jerica fan and I think WW/SL have the best chemistry of any couple I've ever seen, and I like how Lorraine Broderick is giving us back the JErica we saw when they first began. Jack had that cocky edge to him and was unpredictable and threw Erica off kilter, just like he is doing now. I am loving their banter and their sizzling, smoking hot chemistry:wub:

I know I'm the minority, but I'm glad Brooke/Erica didn't sink to the cattiness of the past. They are both 50 plus years old and it comes off lame to me. They got some licks in but didn't go overboard. I liked that.

I love Adam and Brooke too. :wub:

While I'm not the biggest David Hayward fan most of the time, I am loving he and Greenlee. As a matter of fact I thought today was a great couples day on AMC

• Members

I'm reminded of the supposed bible that Burton Armus wrote that featured a storyline where Brooke was doing a cover story for Tempo featuring the top supermodels in the last 20 years and left Erica off the list. Erica was furious and war ensued. That is a story I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see. :wub:

As another poster pointed out, there's gold to be mined in Erica's past modeling career.

• Members

Yeah, Khan was saying that and I agree, we thought of someone like Morgan Fairchild as an old rival. I caught some of Raquel Welch on Oprah yesterday, damn, if anyone could play Erica's glamorous big sis, but she could also play an old rival from the modeling days.

Brooke's return has been pretty sleepy. JB is a very good, realistic actress who deserves more exciting material for such an anticipated return. It's not her style to overplay what she's given and she really mesmerizes when Brooke's furious or in pain. She's always solid support, but I think we all want more, we didn't want her to come back just to prop. A newer viewer isn't getting "the big deal."

Archived