Soap castphotos - dead phenomena??

• Members

What happened to the annual castphotos on soaps? I haven´t seen new castphotos for a very long time. Is this all soaps or just the ones I watch???

The last done for B&B was done by taking single shots, cropped and pasted into a new background. And that was like 2 years ago.

1-the-bold-and-the-beautiful-cast.jpeg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's never consistent enough cast to do them anymore. DAYS took one this summer and within a month it was inaccurate with the recast of Arianna to Lindsay Hartley.

The only hope we have is that when each respective show ends they'll take a photo. It's been the tradition with the recent cancellations.

• Members

I love and miss cast photos. Most of the ones from more recent years have sucked eggs (ATWT's 50th anniversary cast pic, I am talking to YOU!), but I liked AMC's 9000th episode pic.

I guess we might as well share our faves.

All My Children, 1983

All My Children, 1994

As the World Turns, 1965

As the World Turns, 2001

I don't think I've ever seen a proper cast pic for OLTL.

• Members

Yeah, that's Anton. I remember him on Regis & Kathie Lee talking about, "Yeah, Anton is leaving Pine Valley..." There used to be so many more soap actor appearances on that show, Julia Barr, Robin Strasser, Ruth Warrick, and so on. It's funny how Robin Mattson appears to be the only actor posing in character. :P

Right, there's the one with Erika, Nancy Pinkerton and others, with Ellen Holly and Lillian Hayman noticeably absent. I believe these are the pictures Holly mentions in her book.

• Members

Actually, it's pretty impressive how they've managed to capture really great full cast photos over the years, that is not an easy task capturing everyone with their face on straight. The composite pics are definitely easier, thought not nearly as charming. I don't know why they're particularly standing out in my mind, but Capitol had nice annual cast photos.

Archived