Characters who were trashed to prop up a couple

• Members

GL

In order to prop Marina and her gay BFF Shayne (who went on to date for a whopping six months or less), Ben Reade was turned into a serial killer who then committed suicide.

OLTL

Keri was turned into a complete lunatic to prop Antonio/Jessica

Blair was, in 1997, made into an unbalanced and desperate figure, throwing out racial quips and pushing poor poor Tea out a window, and as a double whammy, also made to look evil for being upset that her cousin killed her baby and got off just about scot free. This was to prop Todd/Tea and Ian/Kelly. Then Blair gets the same treatment twelve years later when they have her scheme to make us root for Todd/Tea and John/Marty.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Were Ian and Lucy even that popular? I hear a lot about Kevin and Lucy but not much about Ian and Lucy.

The destruction of Aidan was awful and completely pointless. His personality in no way resembled what it has been for the majority of his seven years on the show. I still don't get why it was necessary to make Aidan into a villian in order for Zach and Kendall to reunite.

I'll admit I didn't see all of that story but I thought Frank came out looking pretty good. But then again there has been some extreme trashing of characters for couples on AMC lately so maybe its relative.

• Members

Days

Couple: John and Marlena

Victim: Kristen - It was a good story, but they completely changed Kristen in older to prop up these two. She just happened to be one character in a long line that were trashed to make these two look good

Couple: Austin and Sam

Victim: Lucas - He was Days, equivalent to GH's AJ. Drunken loser who was villified to justify these two as a couple and excuse the horrible lies Sami told in order to keep him from their son

Sunset Beach

Couple: Casey and Meg

Victim: Sara - Ultimately not much happend with Casey and Meg, but that didnt stop the show from turning Sara into a jealous shrew, who stareted to lie, manipulate and come up with a number of schemes in order to keep them apart

Couple: Michael and Vanessa

Victim: Virginia. She started as a villian and it was fine, but when they wanted to get rid of her, they had her go psycho and shipped off to an insane asylum never to be heard from again

• Members

Couple: Cassie & Jeffrey (GL)

Victim: Edmund Winslow (the lunatic route)

Couple: Lucy & Ian (PC)

Victim: Kevin (agree with previous posters--hated it and one of the reasons I have no desire to watch TK in anything)

Couple: Viki & Sloan (OLTL)

Victim: Clint was turned into a homophobe

• Members

Couple: Ryan and Greenlee

Victim: David

All you AMC watchers know it's coming!

Couple: Kish

Victim: Nick

Couple: Cristian and Vanessa

Victim: Sarah

(Thank god that sl flopped)

Couple: Langston and Ford (not really a couple)

Victim: Langston

Couple: John and Marty, Todd and Marty, Tea and Todd, Todd and Kelly

Victim: Blair

• Members

And let's not forget the couple who anyone comes near gets fired or quits.

Couple: Rex and Gigi

Victims: Adrianna, Brody, Kyle, Fish, Schuyler, Stacy, Rachel, Kim

Did I forget anyone?

Thanks alot Rigi aka the couple that OLTL. :rolleyes:

• Members

Sorry I don't agree with you on Sam and Lucky being a victim to get Jason and Liz together cause if you remember before Lucky came back from the dead GH was going with Jason and Liz.

As for Sam, nothing about that character will make me believe she is a victim considering she came on the show and broke up Carson. When Jason and Sam got together they were only popular cause no one wanted Jason with Courtney.

As far as Liz breaking up Jason and Courtney that is a joke cause GH brought her in to undermine Jason and Liz relationship so I have to disagree with that. If Jason and Liz were allowed to be a couple back in 2000 then half the crap would not be happening now.

• Members

Couple: All Supercouples

Victim: Days of Our Lives

General Hospital

Couple: Luke & Laura

Victim: Scott Baldwin, Stefan Cassadine

Couple: Jason & Carly

Victim: Robin Scorpio

Couple: Frisco & Felicia

Victim: Mac Scorpio

Couple: Sonny & Carly

Victim: General Hospital

Passions

Couple: Ethan & Theresa

Victim: Gwen

Guiding Light

Couple: Josh & Reva

Victim: Jeffrey, Annie

Couple: Danny & Michelle

Victim: Drew, Dinah, Cassie, Edmund, Tony

Couple: Jonathan & Tammy

Victim: Lizzie, Sandy

• Members

I don;t know if I would call him being trashed, but there used to be a character on AMC named Lars Bogarde who was always just a foil and someone to give story to Erica and Palmer. But then they out of nowhere turned him into a nazi so he could be an enemy to Palmer and Daisy. I think the actor quit over this development.

• Members
Two different storylines. Im not talking about the Jacob Young story, but the Greg Vaughan years later. Jason and Liz were long since over by that point, then all of a sudden GH wanted them together and thus Lucky became the whipping boy who filed the role previously played by Zander and AJ before him

Sam didnt come on the show to break up Sonny and Carly. She came on for Jax who was very single. She didnt pair up with Sonny until about 4-5 months later, but Carly was screwing Alcazar by that point. Sonny and Carly had problems before Sam even joined the show as they were building up Carly and Lorenzo as a couple. Again two different storylines, which is irrelevant to the 2007 one where her character did a 180 in personality and behavior

Did you even read my post regarding what I said about them or did you just see Liz, Jason/Courtney and assumed it was negative stuff being said about Liz? FYI, IA with you

Archived