OLTL:Why isn't more criticism directed at RC?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sure, laugh now, but will we still be laughing when it becomes reality? ;-)

At this point, it makes no diff to me who, if anyone, replaces RC. They're all controlled by Frons, anyway. And before we suggest that Frons is the one to go, just bear in mind: we wanted his predecessor, Angela Shapiro, gone, too. Something tells me Frons' replacement will be just as awful as he is, if not worse. They always are.

• Members

RC's deficient in a lot of areas but the difference is I think the multi-culti and gay canvas full of different people or in some cases, outcasts (Sky, Kim) was largely his idea; most of the people being cut are his favorites or new people his team invested a lot of time in. I don't think Frons cares about minority representation so long as he can point to a single person of color on a contract and that person does not pre-date his tenure at the network (Greg). I think that in 2010, as much as Viki, Dorian, Bo, or their families, those people of all color and stripe embody the show's spirit, and if you cut it out you have 1988 again, only without Tina or any of the couples or wacky stories people really enjoyed - just a sea of white. And I don't think Frons really cares; after all, his optimum show, GH, is almost totally white and has been so, unrepentantly, for years.

• Members

Frons was the one who suggested Destiny so the fact that the entire Evans family is on the chopping black shows his committment. Black fans are screwed no matter what but there is very little that can be done when no one is left to challenge this.

Archived