Another DAYS return?

• Members

Link Here

Calliope and Eugene Reunion on DAYS?

With Arleen Sorkin returning as the zany Calliope Jones, is it only a matter of time before John deLancie, her longtime partner in frolic and fun, returns as the equally zany Eugene Bradford? "Well, they want him back, but he's very busy," reveals Sorkin, who's kept in touch with deLancie over the years. "He's got a lot going on. Hopefully, they'll get him." Indeed, deLancie has enjoyed great success in film and prime-time since exiting daytime in 1989; most notably his seven year run on STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That would be great. Jon's one of the most underrated actors out there, along with Robert Picardo. I haven't seen a lot of Eugene but I'd love to get the chance to see what he would be like today. I think DAYS needs more of that type of comedy, even just for a brief visit.

• Members

I worked on a hypothetical DAYS outline a couple years ago; the opening event was to be John DeLancie cameo'ing as Eugene. Since I believe DAYS last claimed he disappeared with his time machine, I wrote that Eugene was to show up in Salem returning from the year 2025 or something, full of portents and warnings to the Salemites about coming events in their lives over the next year. "Q" is always fun.

• Members

Wow. Thats a fascinating concept. And it is also something that could totally work on DAYS.

I love things like this, tv shows and movies or books, where the characters find something out about their lives in the future or know when they are going to die and see how they react to that and what/how/if they try to change it.

Archived