AMC: "Daughters of Fine Lineage"

• Members

Thanks, Steve.

It must have been some random PV snob.

They really need to bring back Mary Smythe (Greenlee's mother). She'd be perfect to fill the void left by Phoebe, Enid, ect. I remember some great lines she threw at Carloser.... so reminded me of something Enid would say.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree Mary is needed, though I'd love Marian back too. AMC has had a history of such older female characters, and as you say they're lacking in one right now and both are shoe ins for the role.

(Was the Daughters brought back in 99 when Agnes, with much thanks from me, brought back that snobby "old school Pine Valley" element--with the story about Marian trying to get Stuart to take hr to see the Queen, and being ashamed of her friend Opal when trying to get back into such society?)

• Members

I don't remember exactly, but that story was definitely an ode to those classic AMC stories.

I'm in total agreement with you regarding Marion. Even though Jennifer Bassey was absolutely brilliant in those "crazy" scenes, I really wish they would have gone another route with Marion.

• Members

I think it's lazy and insulting that Mary wasn't there within minutes (okay, hours if she's jet setting) of Greenlee's very public return. Her absence is the kind of thing a fan shouldn't have to rationalize. AS's unavailability is the only excuse in my opinion. You make time for a back from the dead character's mother, even if there was "no love lost" between them.

• Members

I loved her shouting at him but it's still not worth bringing back AMC's worst male character of all time.

And I agree, she shoulda come back or at least gotten a shout out by now--she was at the funeral... Re Marian--surely it was temporary grief insanity? Shouldn't she be healing by now? Or howabout have her bond with Natalie ;)

Archived