Soap tie-in books

• Members

How many can you name? Not coffee table books like A Tour Through Salem, but fictional (or non-fictional) books attributed to or featuring fictional soaps characters.

-Hidden Passions: Secrets from the Diary of Tabitha Lenox, by Tabitha Lenox

-The Killing Club, by Marcie Walsh and Michael Malone

-Having It All, by Erica Kane

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In 1984, Felicia Gallant "wrote" a book called Dreamweaver, with Rebecca Flanders.

This wasn't a real book, unfortunately, but one of Y&R's infamous stories in their first decade was Lorie Brooks book about the burden of being in "My Sister's Shadow."

• Members

Years ago(late 60's) there was a Secret Storm tie in novel called 'The Unseen'

'A visit by a friend from the past sweeps the Ames family into a sea of love,fear and disaster'

I remember reading that this was actually the basis for a proposed spinoff that never happened.

Hasn't Ken Corday just signed a deal for some DOOL books?

• Members

HV Kershaw wrote a number of Coronation Street novelizations in the 60s and 70s. Here's one, with the wonderful title Elsie Tanner Fights Back.

http://backonstreet.blogspot.com/2008/12/in-search-of-mr-papagopolous.html

For other "secret diaries" - Bianca and Tiffany each had one on Eastenders. Mandy Dingle had one on Emmerdale.

Hollyoaks had a number of original novels on various topics, like Debbie Dean and Steph Dean in London trying to become stars, or Hannah, Nancy, and Sarah in Paris.

• Members

Yeah most of these can be bought for next to nothing on amazon marketplace. I got Patrick's Journal for a penny (plus S&H lol) but it didn't have the casette tape of him reading his poetry LOL (I didn'tcare I just wanted it for my OLTL collection). I got Killing Club and Charm and Having it All for about the same. (I actually read them all--read Charm in about 3 hours--it's AWFUL, like really really abd romance fiction. Killing Club is surprisingly very good, much better than the storyline based on it--but i guess that's to be expected since Malone wrote it and he's an award winning mystery novelist--I lent it tomy brother who loves murde rmysteries and has never watched a soap, after and he liked it too).

Archived