AMC: The Trevor Reveal

• Members

Will someone please tell me why Jake could possibly be Trevor's bio dad... I thought that during the who's the daddy s/l, it was either David or J.R. Wasn't Jake and Amanda through during that time? I distinctly remember he was chasing that military chick. :huh:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No its not a rewrite and you guys may have forgotten bc Pratt actually did have this one planned out. The execution wasnt great, but he always left the paternity open. Jake was always a possibility. She and Jake broke up in early Nov, soon after the hurricane. She slept with David 2-3 weeks later. She and JR didnt have sex till the following month in December. When she found out how far along she was, she ruled out JR as potential daddy bc she wasnt with him long enough. The promo around the time of her pregnancy, actually displayed all 3 men, but she just assumed David was the father without ordering any DNA test. She had the baby in in June and I beleive it was noted that she was early, which was consistent with her having concieved in October when she and Jake were still together. The show showed all of this but dumbed down the characters so they could have the shocking reveal now

BTW, here's the promo I'm talking about. Jake is clearly one of the potential fathers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-rMgfaWx5E

• Members

Jake was always the most likely candidate to be the father of Amanda's baby. Amanda slept with David once and that was almost immediately after she and Jake broke up. However, TPTB was pushing Jake and Taylor so there was this ridiculous scene where Jake stands in that club and says that he cannot be the father. JR was never a real candidate because she slept with him a week before she found. Amanda's baby was not a premature which was the biggest hint that Jake was the father. If David was the father, Trevor should have come a month earlier. It never made any sense that Amanda never had a DNA test done.

• Members

I don't know why the show intially tried to play it off like it was only between JR and David being the father after Amanda first got pregnant. The possibility of Jake being the father should have been considered more, especially since it wasn't too long after she broke up with Jake that she slept with David. She slept with JR a while after she slept with David and it just wasn't that believable that JR could be the father.

I do feel like the writers tried to rule out the possibility of Jake being the father back then, because they were still hoping to pair him with Taylor. I think that When that didn't work out, and Jake got with Amanda, they then considered making Jake the father of Amanda's baby.

• Members

Pratt does love to rewrite his own work ;)

If Pratt had this planned out, then why did he have Jake say the timeline was wrong for him to be the father? It was a rewrite. JR was more of a possiblity than Jake by a longshot

The stuff with David about not being able to father a child was definitely a rewrite, he knocked up KWAK not long after it was said he knocked up Amanda(and yes it's KWAK, and it was not anyone else's baby, it wasn't written as she cheated).

David definitely could father a child.

• Members

They intentionally tried not to have the characters factor in Jake bc they wanted this reveal to be a shocking twist. Thats why I said they dumbed down all the characters involved. The biggest piece of the puzzle was a simple DNA test which was avoided till now bc they wanted to leave the paternity open ended. Look at the promo I posted from when Amanda got pregnant. Jake was one of the choices. Look at when she gave birth. June is consistent with her having concieved in October. She slept with JR in December and theres no way he could have been the father based on the timeline, which is why he was ruled out as soon as she found out how far along she was.

ALL the clues for the baby being Jake were always there. Did people really think it was David's 100%? Many people have noted for months, that the child was most likely going to be Jakes. That wasnt just some wishful thinking bc he was never ruled out of the running. This wasnt just some last minute rewrite that was cooked up right now

And AMC never said David cant father a child. His sperm has low motility, so the chances of him fathering a child naturally is possible, but very low.

• Members

You know I was hoping that the writing would have been that the baby was David and it changed him for the better, and that Amanda falls in love with David. I can't stand Jake. In fact, I never thought I'd say this but I can't stand Tad. The only Martin I can stomach is Joe. Tad and Jake are too judgemental.

Archived