One Life To Live stripped down

• Members

I'm familiar with the disco album, it's campy catchy fun. :P Though I've never heard her discuss the album, I HAVE heard her pleasantly recall her days on OLTL (starting around the 6:00 mark here, she really gets into it around 8:30

)

I really do think she'd consider doing a short s/l of *quality* if approached, but I'm talking theatre-quality issue-oriented writing here. Of course it isn't about the money, but when you've played some of the finest roles on the stage, I can totally understand why she wouldn't want to waste her time with dreck.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ellen Holly talks about it in her book, how Linda Gottlieb invited her back for episodes surrounding the 25th anniversary. It wasn't to be a contract or even recurring stint or anything. Linda wanted Ellen there as a mark of her vision to usher back in OLTL's diversity and social consciousness after the lily white mega rich Rauch era (the subject of Ellen's misunderstanding of Erika Slezak's view of the show). Ellen declined the invitation, reasoning that she'd have to provide her own dress and stand around on set with many of her former castmates (none of which originals like her) who were now millionaires.

I lent out my copy of her book and never got it back :angry: but I really want to read it again to see if she said anything about former longtime OLTL director (and occasional actor), David Pressman. I don't remember if she did or not. But I was watching David's TV archive interview and when Ellen is mentioned he sorta snaps, "What about her?" Ew. He says that he's aware of a book she's written and sort of smooths things over diplomatically. Maybe she didn't say anything about him, but he is close with Erika, so perhaps he was offended by Ellen's comments about her.

Archived