2010 Grammys

Toups

• Members

Hill is always rumoured to be doing some goofy thing (wasn't there tlks of a Fugees reunion?) but I agree, I know she wanted out of the limelight, but her lack of any major releases is disheartening.

Gaga was ineligible because she has worked asa writer and producer before this (even if it was mainly for rarer tracks like the Britney UK bonus track Quicksand)--I *think* this is a new rule, but I agree its hypocritical.

I thought the show was fun, with some awful perforamnces but a fair amount that was decent. But I agree with Sylph's joke comment--not that I put too much faith in the Oscars (or the Emmys, or the Tonys for that matter) but the Grammys are closer to the Golden Globes than any of those. Nearly all the wins are picked based on sales figures--which would be fine if they didn't pretend they weren't (yes popularity and money grosses are HUGE factors in those other award shows too but I think the Grammys is even worse.)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't watch most of the ceremony but I did see the Stevie/Taylor duet. I love Stevie, although her voice is very hard to listen to these days. Taylor, she seems very nice and it's nice to see a young woman in music who has some dignity, but she really can't sing at all.

Archived