The best/worst Baby Switch Storylines

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes I thought the Jennifer/Gwen switch on ATWT was rather good, as was the Sheila/Lauren switch back in the day. I've liked the Sami/Nicole switch thanks to the interesting plotting and performances by Sweeney and Zuker. Hard to believe its been a year since the origins of the story began.

Worst baby switches? Well there's quite a few...Sharon/Ashley on Y&R, Michelle/Cassie on GL was pretty dumb and was a bad ripoff. It only lasted for like a month and half as Wheeler had let go all the actors involved. The baby switch with Lily on ATWT was pretty bizarre. I liked that Hope's father turned out to be Andy Dixon, but before we knew Denise was the mother the baby was white, after we learned Denise the mother the baby turned black. At least no dead babies were involved in that one.

Hope/Lexie switch was pretty bad for the most part, but the climax saved it by correcting everything wrong with it.

• Members

I forgot about the one with Lily/Denise. I hated Reid/David, otherwise I thought it was OK. The big mistake was in having Denise sell her baby. The fans never forgave Denise.

I think they may have been planning one with Claudia/Carly but then I guess they decided to let Sarah go, so instead she had a miscarriage.

• Members

Oh God, that Faith/Hope mess on ATWT was not helped by the fact that three head writers were involved in it from beginning to the (very, very) end. Lorraine Broderick started it, Leah Laiman and Carolyn Culliton took it over, and Hogan Sheffer did the reveal of Andy as the father.

It wasn't great to begin with, but having three different head writers writing it certainly didn't help.

Archived