Y&R: Week of November 16, 2009 Discussion

• Members

I don't disagree that if she's not bringing her all she should bring her all, if she has a preference for "Nick and Sharon" that can be a seperate issue than not believe her character is capable of being emotionally attached to others, I think she worked with the DD story (though I myself didn't want that pairing) and as far as Jack the story was based on two hurt people trying to find solace in each other, how in love is Sharon gonna be with Jack? He's a rebound guy. That was a story where I felt it depicted Sharon grew to care about Jack as they went through the relationship. The character doesn't necessarily have any greater love story than Sharon and Nick why is that Sharon Case's fault? I think in the Jack, Brad and Billy pairings, I bought the Sharon's character's receptive feelings towards each men. Brad was supposed to be passion, Jack rebound and Billy a hook-up vibe. What did she play wrong exactly?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I already answered that. I don't think she's given her all in her performances with Jack. It doesn't matter if she believes that her character can't be emotionally attached to others. I don't care what she believes. If it's written she needs to play it, that's my point. It's too soon to say what will happen with Adam, but if it's written that she is attached to him, that should be what I see on my screen. That is my point in response to the idea that MM has to win her over by watching movies with her. WTH should he have to do that?

• Members

Juliajms, I think you hit on some very key points for why I do not identify at all with Sharon. Fine if she is totally in love with Nick, will never get over him, will never be able to love anyone with passion except for him, than why does she keep getting herself into relationships and marriages? Sorry but soaps are based on love, romance, passion and betrayal and her storylines all tank because betrayal is the only aspect she's willing to play. I blame the writers too because they should keep the character celibate and give her a life outside of these horrible romances.

• Members

Gotta love how these hacks are trying to ignore Adam's criminal behaviour in an effort to sell this chemistry-less and boring pairing between Muhney's caricature and Sharon. :rolleyes:

Does anyone on the Y&R writing team care about putting out a quality product? Do these people even care about the character and day to day writing? This show is a bloody, non-entertaining mess.

This show needs a writing regime change, at least point, I do not think this current writing team has any potential to get better. The show has gotten progressively worse with them in charge. These people obviously don't understand the core, tone, and characters on this show and it reflects very badly on the storylines they produce.

Y&R is going to its grave with this toxic vision, watch...

• Members

I don't disagree that she should committ to what the story says , the MM using movies to win her over thing I'm not going to conclusively point my finger at that being fact when I don't know for sure if he has to "win her over" this way. I don't necessarily think that is fair to say either but that's my opinion on that. I don't know of (other than Brad ) her other "romantic pairings". Her chemistry with BM was fine actually, and I'm trying to remember who PB last had major chemistry with in the romance pair ups.

Archived