DAYS: Actress who played wife of Eugene dies

• Members

Sue Rihr, who portrayed Madeline Rutherford on "Days of Our Lives" from January-June 1985, has died. Rihr died of lung cancer in Tarzana, California on October 26, 2009. She was 55. On "Days", her eccentric and comedic character was briefly married to Eugene Bradford in a marriage of convenience. Rihr also guest starred on such series as "Roseanne," "L.A. Law," "Moonlighting," "Perfect Strangers," and "Beverly Hills, 90210." In real life, Rihr wrote a one-woman autobiographical play, "Blood Sugar", about her kidney transplant and about the deaths of her husband, sister and father. During the last years of her life, she devoted time to writing poetry. Her last acting role is in the upcoming independent film "White Knuckles." She was pre-deceased by her husband, David Gaetzman.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched Days back then but for whatever reason I can only remember Eugene with Calliope. Still sad for someone to die so young, and it sounds like she had to deal with many losses. I am always sad to read news like this.

Archived